• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry out for Week 6

SgtJoo

11 hours ago, 15 said:

they honestly didn't do THAT bad against TB. 

In the 4th quarter, the Panthers had the momentum at 14-14 with 9 minutes remaining in the game. The final 2 Bucs drives with absolutely no defensive impact from the secondary did the Panthers in. The Bucs controlled the ball for 7 of the last 9 minutes of the game, and they moved the ball from their 20 to the Panthers 20 unimpeded on both drives. The Bucs running game struggled with 1.8 yards per rush and 2 first downs on 10 attempts. Winston was 7 of 9 with a QB rating of 99.1. That is completely on the pass defense.

There has been a pattern of that pass defense falling apart and being ineffective in the 4th quarter of every loss. Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson caught 5 of 6 passes for 4 1st downs.

The CBs were being bracketed with underneath coverage from the LBs and over the top coverage by the safeties. Still the CBs played off and failed to break on the balls to challenge the WRs. The one incomplete pass should have been picked off by Coleman on an overthrow, but the ball hit his hands and fell to the ground. They went after McClain and Sanchez in the 4th quarter.

I can't say that Worley is bad at this point (or even that Bradberry is good because they are both rookies). Now I will say that Bradberry has characteristically flashed like the better corners do given the opportunity. Worley may just need more time for the transition. In fact, both of them could have stood more time. If you ask me, this is not one of those instances where players (especially young ones) were put into a position to succeed, so plenty of screw-ups are to be expected. In my opinion that shouldn't jaundice the whole outlook for a player's future though.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:51 PM, truthjuice said:

Cam better spread the ball out and Stew better run forest run. I wonder who will be cut after Drew pass for 500. 

I still feel good about this game. 

Yep. If Matty Ricecake threw for 500, then Brees might throw for 6. Just gotta hope the offense can carry us. They're going to have to carry us this season. 

19 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

In the 4th quarter, the Panthers had the momentum at 14-14 with 9 minutes remaining in the game. The final 2 Bucs drives with absolutely no defensive impact from the secondary did the Panthers in. The Bucs controlled the ball for 7 of the last 9 minutes of the game, and they moved the ball from their 20 to the Panthers 20 unimpeded on both drives. The Bucs running game struggled with 1.8 yards per rush and 2 first downs on 10 attempts. Winston was 7 of 9 with a QB rating of 99.1. That is completely on the pass defense.

There has been a pattern of that pass defense falling apart and being ineffective in the 4th quarter of every loss. Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson caught 5 of 6 passes for 4 1st downs.

The CBs were being bracketed with underneath coverage from the LBs and over the top coverage by the safeties. Still the CBs played off and failed to break on the balls to challenge the WRs. The one incomplete pass should have been picked off by Coleman on an overthrow, but the ball hit his hands and fell to the ground. They went after McClain and Sanchez in the 4th quarter.

For some reason, the bolded has me cracking up.

16 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Yep. If Matty Ricecake threw for 500, then Brees might throw for 6. Just gotta hope the offense can carry us. They're going to have to carry us this season. 

I guess the good thing is the Saints are bad as well. They have Breesus and we have Superman. Cam has to be Oprah on the field: you get a ball, you get a ball, you get a ball!

Archived