• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots gonna Patriots...

Catufb85

59 minutes ago, a_gumbel said:

tarheel, do you try to be despicable or do you just have mad hate stored up in ya? Lighten up Francis. We just won. Enjoy yo'self

Na dude, I made a thread just like this and some ass hole mod moved it to a Forum nobody goes to.  Because that bitch boy 15 or whatever his name is complained.  But this thread is still up.  It's fuging stupid.  

6 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Na dude, I made a thread just like this and some ass hole mod moved it to a Forum nobody goes to.  Because that bitch boy 15 or whatever his name is complained.  But this thread is still up.  It's fuging stupid.  

So you get mad because somebody complained about your thread, so you passive aggressively complain about someone else's thread? Cmon man. You're better than that and poo bruh.

27 minutes ago, kornicova said:

Browns are going to have the no. 1 pick so it will be a very early 3rd rounder compared to a very late 3rd rounder in 2018. 

Basically the Pats have got everything they can out of a cheap contract and will now start again. 

Not true. The pick the Brown are giving up is a comp pick.

2 minutes ago, Major wRecktum said:

Now, replace Belichick with Gettleman, Collins with Norman, and Von Miller money with stupid money for a zone corner, and the huddle would be exploding instead of saying that's how a good GM gets value out of a player they don't intend on keeping.... 

The Huddle was collectively jizzing themselves over what a gangsta Gettleman was for pulling the tag from Norman until we actually started playing games and people realized our CBs sucked and that Norman was actually really good.

Also, pretty much everyone thinks this was a really dumb trade by the Patriots.

I don't see it as a really dumb move by the Pats. It's a calculated gamble. BB thinks they're good enough that they don't need him for their SB run, and judging by their constant trips to the playoffs, they may not. There's also no guarantee that Collins finishes the season without major injury. So you take what you can get for him now, avoid him walking at the end of the year for nothing, and hope that not having him for your SB run doesn't bite you in the ass. If it works, you're a genius, if it doesn't, you're a fool. Only time will give us the answer.

14 minutes ago, Bartin said:

The Huddle was collectively jizzing themselves over what a gangsta Gettleman was for pulling the tag from Norman until we actually started playing games and people realized our CBs sucked and that Norman was actually really good.

Also, pretty much everyone thinks this was a really dumb trade by the Patriots.

You're right, and I'm glad you said this.  People think it's silly because the Patriots could probably use his help on a deep playoff run and maybe a trip to the SB.  If they did that and then cut Collins loose after his contract was up and just got the comp pick, doesn't that sound more like the situation the panthers were just in?

It can't be had both ways... 

Both choices are calculated risks.

yeah the thought process behind this post was Billy B always thinking forward and preparing for the future probably better than any other coach.  Traded for Van Noy last week for cheap and now probably using as replacement for Collins who reportedly wants "Von Miller" money.   Dude definitely thinks outside the box and they always have a ton of picks.  Even though I Hate the Patriots, the moves they pull are good and makes me hate them even more.

11 minutes ago, Major wRecktum said:

You're right, and I'm glad you said this.  People think it's silly because the Patriots could probably use his help on a deep playoff run and maybe a trip to the SB.  If they did that and then cut Collins loose after his contract was up and just got the comp pick, doesn't that sound more like the situation the panthers were just in?

It can't be had both ways... 

Both choices are calculated risks.

It does but what's your point? Rescinding the tag was a mistake. It would have been an even bigger mistake if we had traded Norman halfway through the season last year.

Letting Collins go at the end of the year wouldn't be that smart either, but trading him now to get the same pick a year earlier is really dumb.

The Pats unlike the Panthers actually have a solid replacement for him though in Elandon Roberts which is the only reason the trade kinda works. Now they have no LB depth and if one of Hightower or Roberts gets hurts they are pretty screwed.

2 hours ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

Collins is a sick player. For a 3rd? Brown's robbed BB there. 

How much do NE want for one of their corner then? 

Their corners suck. Butler's their best and is highly overrated and is going to get paid after this season. I'd rather have Worley than Butler.

15 minutes ago, Bartin said:

It does but what's your point? Rescinding the tag was a mistake. It would have been an even bigger mistake if we had traded Norman halfway through the season last year.

Letting Collins go at the end of the year wouldn't be that smart either, but trading him now to get the same pick a year earlier is really dumb.

The Pats unlike the Panthers actually have a solid replacement for him though in Elandon Roberts which is the only reason the trade kinda works. Now they have no LB depth and if one of Hightower or Roberts gets hurts they are pretty screwed.

Not really, Josh wasn't worth the tag, just like Collins.  For us to have gotten any "value" out of Norman, we would have needed to unload him during the season last year and that would not only have been stupid, it would have enraged the fan base.  Belichick wasn't going to pay big money for Collins, DG wasn't going to pay Josh the kind of money he wanted.  The end result for the team was the same, no Collins/Norman.  But most people give props to the way Belichick handles business.  I'm sure there are many personnel moves that he makes that upsets the fans, but on balance, they continue to win so they don't get too bent out of shape.  And the point I was making is that for those that think it was silly of the Pats to deal a top LB in the middle of a good season, the only option they would have is to let him play out the year and let him walk with only the comp pick.  Which is what we did, and DG gets blasted for essentially making that choice.  

Archived