• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cams accuracy is really off in LA

Hotsauce

27 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Cam couldn't get in rhythm. Two main reasons.

-No Kalil, so center rush was getting there unlike it has for basically his entire career. On top of the tackles not being able to protect at times, he wasn't comfortable and you could tell. When he was comfortable, again, you could tell and he was throwing fine. Just a comfort thing.

- Shula is an idiot. That 3rd and 2 sack later in the game. KB is to Cam's right, one on one. The blitz is coming. KB runs a seam. If he runs a slant. the ENTIRE middle of the field is open. On all the sacks, we had long developing plays called (or at least it seemed like it). Shula has no idea how to adjust to defenses. More slants, more screens, more moving the pocket and we win this game 24-0, more than likely. We never seized momentum because of inept play calls at critical down-and-distance situations and allowed LA to stay in it.

Don't forget "playing slow", this ball control milking the clock offense, completely throws Cam off rhythm. We should be running way more no huddle 

11 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Cam's ankle is hurt + fear of getting another concussion + terrible o-line play all season = not stepping into throws and throwing off back foot (read: inaccurate throws)

If I hear another poster scream about his back foot I'm going to kick my dog. He has thrown off his back foot his entire career. 

Just now, Rastlet said:

If I hear another poster scream about his back foot I'm going to kick my dog. He has thrown off his back foot his entire career. 

why would you kick your dog- and just because he's done it his whole career doesn't make it right

Just now, SOJA said:

why would you kick your dog- and just because he's done it his whole career doesn't make it right

Because I'm sick of hearing it because it is not the reason for his inaccuracy. He threw like that all last year when he dominated. Tell me he is skittish in the pocket because of how bad the line play is I'll agree with you. Mention back foot throw again I'm punting that little fufu dog out the door.

Just now, Rastlet said:

Because I'm sick of hearing it because it is not the reason for his inaccuracy. He threw like that all last year when he dominated. Tell me he is skittish in the pocket because of how bad the line play is I'll agree with you. Mention back foot throw again I'm punting that little fufu dog out the door.

Can we meet halfway and agree on the skittish comment but agree that the back foot throwing doesn't lend itself to accurate throws- i.e. if everything else is going well they're passable but when other things start breaking down they aren't?

Sometimes there is a disconnect between what we see, and what actually happens in the game. LA was actually getting to the qb a lot, they were blitzing a lot and we were not picking it up very well. As the game progressed, we ran some shorter routes and starting hitting a few more passes.

As much as we claim that Cam was not very accurate today, he actually had his most accurate day as a passer this season, completing 63% of his passes. Of course, there were a few that would have been better had he hit some receivers in stride, but that has never been Cam's strength. But overall, Cam played pretty well. He had a grand total of 4 incomplete passes in the entire second half. For the most part, he either got sacked, or he completed the pass.

Slowly coming to the conclusion that Cam's temperamental. When he's having fun he's the best player in the league but today was upset Cam on a good day.

I'm not trying to criticize him for it. He's not being protected by his line or by the officials, the media that built him up is tearing him down, and his team's shortcomings usually fall squarely on his shoulders (or head). His emotion is his strength as a player and an entertainer, but when things go south for him I think it's also his kryptonite. He was winning this whole game and looked upset most of the way. The difference in how he plays with and without the smile is night and day and it's been the case since day one. I just hope that Oher returning will be enough to bring the guy we know back.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived