• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd: Cam lacks work ethic to become a superstar

truthjuice

Falcons fan over here talking about maturity lol.

Yeah he could be like Matty Melt, and scream at other players to "get the fug off our field" only to proceed in folding like a lawn chair the rest of the way to finish the season.

Interesting that Jd dirty bird simply couldn't be troubled to create an account at any point in the last 3 seasons. I wonder why?

Just now, thomas96 said:

So you don't really watch Cam ever then.

Actually I watch him often because I like to pay close attention to the NFC south. It's just my opinion. Cam's maturity level is closer to Terrell Owens than it is Peyton Manning. And that would be fine if he weren't a quarterback. For the record, I'm not saying Cam IS Terrell Owens, because he isn't. All I'm saying is that Cam overdoes it when he's successful AND when he's unsuccessful. It's why he's criticized by the media often. It could be wrong and stupid to think that way. But honestly, that's the just the standard that society has created on quarterbacks. 

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Falcons fan over here talking about maturity lol.

Yeah he could be like Matty Melt, and scream at other players to "get the fug off our field" only to proceed in folding like a lawn chair the rest of the way to finish the season.

Interesting that Jd dirty bird simply couldn't be troubled to create an account at any point in the last 3 seasons. I wonder why?

I'd rather have my quarterback trash talk players on the field than sulk on the sidelines with a towel on his head. I know Cam is a more talented player than Ryan. But Ryan is definitely more mature and you can't deny that

26 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

If only Cam was white.

You mean like Romo, Rodgers, or almost every QB not named Peyton or Brady? 

For the most part, media praises and then destroys almost everyone these days...everyone is awesome per the media when they win and then they turn on them.  Anything for a click 

1 minute ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

I'd rather have my quarterback trash talk players on the field than sulk on the sidelines with a towel on his head. I know Cam is a more talented player than Ryan. But Ryan is definitely more mature and you can't deny that

Wearing braided belts makes him more "mature"?

3 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

Why does that matter to you? you are not on Cam's team nor play against him that's something a opposing player or coach would have a issue with.

I honestly just appreciate greatness. I respect the hell out of Drew Brees even though he plays for a team I can't stand. I think Cam could truly be the greatest QB ever. He's that talented. I honestly think his maturity is holding him back. Again, just my opinion. I'm not being insulting or trolling at all, just trying to have a discussion

20 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I like Mariotta and his receiving weapons aren't that good and he's succeeding there but damn am I jealous of that Titans offensive line, particularly their tackles. Conklin and Lewan are complete monsters. Great/lucky drafting by the Titans the past two years to grab those two. That dominant o-line allows both their run game and pass game to have amazing success. Titans, Raiders and obviously the best, Cowboys, all have outstanding o-lines which are pretty much carrying their teams right now.

And, amazingly enough, Mariota and Prescott are doing well.

Shocker.

But OHMIGOD CAM MISSED AN OPEN RECEIVER WE HAVE TO BE FAIR AND CRITICIZE HIM!!!111!!1!!!

4 minutes ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

Actually I watch him often because I like to pay close attention to the NFC south. It's just my opinion. Cam's maturity level is closer to Terrell Owens than it is Peyton Manning. And that would be fine if he weren't a quarterback. For the record, I'm not saying Cam IS Terrell Owens, because he isn't. All I'm saying is that Cam overdoes it when he's successful AND when he's unsuccessful. It's why he's criticized by the media often. It could be wrong and stupid to think that way. But honestly, that's the just the standard that society has created on quarterbacks. 

Cam doesn't showboat. Celebrating after a touchdown or first down is common place in the NFL. Pretty much every first down has a celebration and vast majority of TDs do as well. Very few players don't do anything (Jason Witten, Greg Olsen come to mind). Brady does more over the top celebration after running for a first down or TD than Cam has ever done. And Rodgers' belt thing?  Are those two not leaders either?

Pouting/sulking, once again doesn't happen. Putting a towel on his head isn't sulking. He does it after every drive. Whether it ends in a TD to go up 35 or a pick 6 in the 4th quarter. Same exact thing. He's no different on the sideline. He shrugs things off and gets ready to go out there and keep playing. The press conference things I don't really like but that's just a reaction to media when he's emotional after a big loss. Not a big deal, and I guarantee you his teammates (the only opinions that matter) don't give a damn about that stuff. What they care about is after a receiver has a drop on 3rd down, Cam goes right back to the guy the next drive for a contested 40 yard TD. Trusts his guys despite earlier mistakes and lets them make up for those mistakes.

Is Cam the best leader in the league? No. Is he anything close to Terrell Owen? Absolutely not and that's one of the dumbest things I've read. He's not Peyton either but he's very similar to guys like Brady. Brady flips the f*ck out when he loses or makes mistakes, even yelling at coaches or following a ref whining and crying 40 yards down a field, then goes way over the top when scoring a TD sometimes. Cam's not much different from that, in fact his reactions when things are bad for him/the team aren't nearly as bad as Brady's meltdowns. Cam celebrates more when his teammates score TDs than when he does. The players see that type of thing. Not what you're seeing.

5 minutes ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

I honestly think his maturity is holding him back

Peyton Manning put his ass in a female trainer's face ala Rikisihi, Yelled at his O-line, called his kicker a drunk, etc and his maturity was never questioned. What Cam is doing is lightweight compared to that but according to you he is too immature to succeed after a MVP season, Super Bowl Berth

17 minutes ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

Don't play the race card. Guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol and Manziel are white and both were polarizing college players just like Cam. Russell Wilson isn't white and he doesn't get criticized like Cam does. Its because Wilson is mature and is a professional. Cam likes to dab, show boat, and pout when his team is losing

Wilson plays for a team that consistently wins...nothing more

if his team lost the media would start addressing what a weirdo he is (even some die hard fan Seahawks admit he probably is the most likely NFL candidate to start some weird cult one day).  Dude is odd about is fake as it gets in today's world.  But Hawks have done nothing but win so media likes him....for now.  They would start question if he was the right type guy to lead a team as people would just see right past his fake bull. 

Winning and losing....the media creates from there 

Archived