• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we end up with a Top 10 Pick...

Catufb85

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

You take the player who is a rare talent at his position, or that's how I would draft. The only rare talent in that list is RB Leonard Fournette. Cam Robinson is not good at pass blocking, or not top 8 pick good. The freak is Fournette.

This. Cam Robinson looks terrible to me as a blocker, especially in pass protection, and as a franchise long Panther fan, I know what terrible blockers look like.

I agree that we probably won't end up with a top 10 pick and probably end up between 12-16.  If we do somehow have top 10, we have enough talent on this team to trade down snag more picks and still get great value in OT, RB, CB, S, and DE positions.

Ran this little draft simulation at first-pick.com: Browns offered me pick 14 and 1st of the 2nd round. Even though this website gave me a B and B+ for 2nd and 3rd pick it address the C and T positions. Pat Elfein will be a great replacement for Kahlil in a couple of years.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (CLE): Teez Tabor, CB, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B)
Round 2 Pick 8: Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon (B)

I wish there was an OT I loved in the top 10, but right now there's not. I'll watch more of the top OT prospects leading up to the draft, but Robinson isn't it. He's a poor man's Greg Robinson - physical beast who simply isn't a great football player.

I wouldn't touch anyone from that FSU OL. Never has a collection of highly touted prospects produced such a mediocre unit.

I still like Conor McDermott a lot, but I need to watch more of him.

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I'm in the process of getting this whole nice dandy post about our upcoming offseason put together, and my initial take is that we're probably going to cut Stewart.

If that happens, I fully expect us to make a run at Fournette or Cook, and I lean heavily towards Fournette. He'll be an impact player immediately, and we'll need him pretty bad if we let Stewie go.

I think we'll revamp the DE spot in free agency (my sights are currently on both Andre Branch and Devin Taylor) and possibly sign some OL talent via that route too (Matt Kalil, Jordan Mills, Marshall Newhouse, Chance Warmack, and Jonathan Cooper are my first choices here)... So S could very well be in play (even though I'd like to go after Swearinger in FA, too.)

Good god if we cut Stewart I will burn this motherf*cker to the ground. 

Archived