• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SNF: Broncos VS Chiefs Thread

Saca312

I know it won't happen but imagine if it was Texans vs. Cowboys in the Superbowl. King of the Hill would have predicted the future with an all Texas Superbowl lol. I would have to cheer for the Texans in that game, can't stand the Cowboys especially with how many coworkers are suddenly fans of theirs.

4 minutes ago, Borat said:

If they don't trade, it'll be because they're comfortable with Siemian -- and admittedly, he's been alright. Tony Romo, if healthy, could elevate them to bonafide SB contenders again though. I think that's a risk worth taking. 

True, though I guess it all depends on how Elway feels about their QB situation. More people have been pointing at their O line though as to the reason behind their poor offensive performances. I don't know since I don't really watch many of their games but from what I have seen they were pretty bad.

1 minute ago, ichigo1057 said:

I know it won't happen but imagine if it was Texans vs. Cowboys in the Superbowl. King of the Hill would have predicted the future with an all Texas Superbowl lol. I would have to cheer for the Texans in that game, can't stand the Cowboys especially with how many coworkers are suddenly fans of theirs.

True, though I guess it all depends on how Elway feels about their QB situation. More people have been pointing at their O line though as to the reason behind their poor offensive performances. I don't know since I don't really watch many of their games but from what I have seen they were pretty bad.

I also have no idea how he'd fit under their salary cap (if at all). Texans would also be an interesting shout -- that defense is pretty good and he could stay in TX. 

Just now, Borat said:

If they trade for Romo and get their guys back from injury, they're #2 in Super Bowl odds behind the Pats next season. 

If they trade for Romo I'm gonna lmao.

The same Romo that threw picks right into our hands last Thanksgiving, and got bailed out from being called a complete wash by Luke giving him another injury.

I've been saying it since then. Romo is not the same QB anymore, and he won't be leading anyone anytime soon. He's going to bust out wherever he goes.

Not to mention their RT is worse than Remmers at RT for us (lol), and Okung is not the savior they thought he'd be for this line. It starts with their line if they want to go anywhere. Runningback as well is an issue for them with many of their fans not confortable with CJ Anderson and his style.

They don't have much DTs either after losing Malik Jackson, and they need some more upgrades at LB. 

We have far less holes than they do.

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

with carr out, i'm on the Chiefs train to win it all.

Andy Reid is a great regular season coach but has never been especially good in the postseason.

As it stands right now, the seeding is as follows:

1. Patriots

2. Raiders

3. Steelers 

4. Texans

5. Chiefs

6. Dolphins

Per PFT, the teams are set. The seeding could still change depending on next week's results, but if you're not on that list you're mathematically eliminated from the AFC playoff picture.

Full explanation of possibilities here.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

If they trade for Romo I'm gonna lmao.

The same Romo that threw picks right into our hands last Thanksgiving, and got bailed out from being called a complete wash by Luke giving him another injury.

I've been saying it since then. Romo is not the same QB anymore, and he won't be leading anyone anytime soon. He's going to bust out wherever he goes.

Not to mention their RT is worse than Remmers at RT for us (lol), and Okung is not the savior they thought he'd be for this line. It starts with their line if they want to go anywhere. Runningback as well is an issue for them with many of their fans not confortable with CJ Anderson and his style.

They don't have much DTs either after losing Malik Jackson, and they need some more upgrades at LB. 

We have far less holes than they do.

They've got a winning (for now at least) record in a better division, with a bunch of key injuries. If they got better QB (and, as you mention, line) play next season, they're looking really good again.

As for Romo, the jury is still out -- I think 4 poor games is a little small of a sample size to make any sweeping judgements about a dude who has been pretty damn good over his career (for what it's worth, his team was 3-1 over those game). You're not writing off Cam for 5 of 6 games under 50% completion, are you? 

1 minute ago, Borat said:

They've got a winning (for now at least) record in a better division, with a bunch of key injuries. If they got better QB (and, as you mention, line) play next season, they're looking really good again.

As for Romo, the jury is still out -- I think 4 poor games is a little small of a sample size to make any sweeping judgingments about a dude who has been pretty damn good over his career (for what it's worth, his team was 3-1 over those game). You're not writing off Cam for 5 of 6 games under 50% completion, are you? 

Question is whether they have the cap to do it.

Supposedly, they have about $33m in cap in 2017. Generally, teams want to leave $8 million for draft picks.

So that's about $25 million in total cap that can be used.

Demarcus Ware is a free agent next year, and I'm sure they don't plan on letting him go. Plan on him getting about $10-15m a year, leaving around $10-15 million left in possible spending money. Not to mention the other UFAs, likely costing them about $3-5 million if they plan on keeping their RFA kicker, and other UFAs. 

Nevertheless, I think if they want to go all out on a QB, they could - but they would not have much cap left for any other position if they want to keep their own guys.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/

Luckily, Panthers biggest needs are probably SS (can be taken care of via draft pick of Jamaal Adams or a decent FA in Church/Berry) and LT (Matt Kalil likely pickup). Sure handed receiver could be fixed with Bersin or a cheap quality 3rd down receiver from FA, and more speed can be acquired with Byrd hopefully improving on routes over the offseason.

Panthers have around $63 million total cap. Signing our own guys should take around $40 million, including an extension for Star. We may not even spend much in FA, and I wouldn't mind as long as we have a good draft.

When healthy next season, we'd have one of the most complete and dangerous teams in the NFL. 

43 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Question is whether they have the cap to do it.

Supposedly, they have about $33m in cap in 2017. Generally, teams want to leave $8 million for draft picks.

So that's about $25 million in total cap that can be used.

Demarcus Ware is a free agent next year, and I'm sure they don't plan on letting him go. Plan on him getting about $10-15m a year, leaving around $10-15 million left in possible spending money. Not to mention the other UFAs, likely costing them about $3-5 million if they plan on keeping their RFA kicker, and other UFAs. 

Nevertheless, I think if they want to go all out on a QB, they could - but they would not have much cap left for any other position if they want to keep their own guys.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/

Luckily, Panthers biggest needs are probably SS (can be taken care of via draft pick of Jamaal Adams or a decent FA in Church/Berry) and LT (Matt Kalil likely pickup). Sure handed receiver could be fixed with Bersin or a cheap quality 3rd down receiver from FA, and more speed can be acquired with Byrd hopefully improving on routes over the offseason.

Panthers have around $63 million total cap. Signing our own guys should take around $40 million, including an extension for Star. We may not even spend much in FA, and I wouldn't mind as long as we have a good draft.

When healthy next season, we'd have one of the most complete and dangerous teams in the NFL. 

Ware is 34 and has 4 sacks -- he's not getting 5mm, let alone 10-15. Other than Ware, very few other critical guys and definitely enough room to make a play for a pro bowl signal caller.

As for the Panthers, I guess we'll see. The team I watched Saturday didn't seem to be only a safety and decent LT away from the league's elite. 

1 minute ago, Borat said:

Ware is 34 and has 4 sacks -- he's not getting 5mm, let alone 10-15. Other than Ware, very few other critical guys and definitely enough room to make a play for a pro bowl signal caller.

As for the Panthers, I guess we'll see. The team I watched Saturday didn't seem to be only a safety and decent LT away from the league's elite. 

I guess one could argue that, but he's still an integral part of their defense. Bronco fans would be pretty ticked off if he doesn't get signed back.

I can see them getting a quarterback, but I don't really see them being able to do anything with their offensive line in one season. Whether Romo is the answer remains to be seen. He could still be good - or he could be washed up. His playoff history doesn't help his case either.

Cam Newton having a bad game was really the issue. His shoulder is injured, and he needs some rest and practice.

The Dline provided consistent pressure, and our LBs without Kuechly couldn't do much about your RBs. Kuechly would be all over them.

Corners played well. Bradberry only had that one play against Sanu that went bad, otherwise he played well.

Once the team is healthy next season, understand we're coming out firing.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Andy Reid is a great regular season coach but has never been especially good in the postseason.

As it stands right now, the seeding is as follows:

1. Patriots

2. Raiders

3. Steelers 

4. Texans

5. Chiefs

6. Dolphins

Per PFT, the teams are set. The seeding could still change depending on next week's results, but if you're not on that list you're mathematically eliminated from the AFC playoff picture.

Full explanation of possibilities here.

i was talking about who i'd like to win. it's the patriots game to lose. no argument there. i'm just hoping for the chiefs.

Archived