• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the 9th Pick...

Catufb85

1 hour ago, Panic said:

In no particular order, here is what I see in the first, with Derek Barnett leading the group. Jamal Adams being a very close second. However, it is NYE and this will most likely change by draft day.

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU  

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State  

Jamal Adams, S , LSU 

Jabrill Peppers, S , Michigan

Cam Robinson, OL, Alabama  

Ryan Ramczyk ,OL, Wisconsin

Obviously Myles Garrett will already be gone and Carl Lawson being a reach at where we are drafting

Peppers is bascially the current IOS version of Shaq. Yeah, he is slightly upgraded but we can't even get Shaq on the field enough. 

When you continuously have investments watching....it doesn't create well rounded football teams 

7 hours ago, 4Corners said:

He's had several run ins with the law in Tallahassee including an arrest for punching a woman in the face. Those chargers were later dropped, but I seriously doubt an organization like the Panthers would touch this guy. 

Tallahassee police and court system are very forgiving when it comes to FSU football players. 

Again, I'd bet money he won't be drafted by panthers. 

Despite the incident which was fabricated by the accuser, Cook's reputation is pretty decent.  We took Newton with his baggage, so I don't see this being the reason the Panther's would pass. 

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

This!  I guess we can start the John Ross Kelvin Benjamin comparison next or Mcaffrey to Brandon Jacobs.  I thought it was a joke but they were serious.

Cook has speed.  Chris johnson speed, thats it.  He gets yards from  big plays.  It was crazy how big some of the holes he got last night.  Twice in front of me his lack of vision showed last night where he cut into the line of defenders, reminded me of the trent richardson memes

exactly. He also runs through a bunch of really bad bad bad arm tackles. Im pretty sure most college rbs can do that. Walter football is projecting that he runs a 4.55, which if true, wouldn't even make him fast in the nfl and most of his game is just out running people like you said. I just don't see what the hype is all about with this guy. He has the stats yeah, but if you watch the tape (at least for me) he doesn't seem like a top 10-15 pick

5 hours ago, Panic said:

In no particular order, here is what I see in the first, with Derek Barnett leading the group. Jamal Adams being a very close second. However, it is NYE and this will most likely change by draft day.

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU  

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State  

Jamal Adams, S , LSU 

Jabrill Peppers, S , Michigan

Cam Robinson, OL, Alabama  

Ryan Ramczyk ,OL, Wisconsin

Obviously Myles Garrett will already be gone and Carl Lawson being a reach at where we are drafting

Solid list, but i wouldn't want peppers or cook(who I've kinda rained about). I would also like to add Mike McGlinchey to this list. He hasn't declared yet, but if he does he's supposed to be a mid first pick- OT out of Notre Dame (whose Qb is supposed to be an early first rounder). From what I've read on the man he has better footwork than robinson and does better AGAINST SPEED RUSHERS. 

2 hours ago, BudFox said:

Despite the incident which was fabricated by the accuser, Cook's reputation is pretty decent.  We took Newton with his baggage, so I don't see this being the reason the Panther's would pass. 

Hey, welcome to the Huddlez. Happy New Year to ya. That said. Um??? What "Baggage" did Cam have? Granted, I'm old, and my memory is shot. But I can't think of any "Baggage" associated with Cam.

10 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

What a disaster this would be and then we continue to get Cam pounded for another year behind a sub par Oline.

Well look what happened after the line got exposed in the Super Bowl.. did we pick up anyone noteworthy to compensate? Nope. Do you think that will happen for next season? I doubted it. Probably going to be the same dudes and the same coaches , as long as the panthers org keeps their heads up their asses and keep trying to get success without getting quality tackles its just going to continue to kill us over and over again. We'll be in for many more 3rd and long strip sacks.

Archived