• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What helps our team more?

AU-panther

On offense I think a oj howard not saying I would pick him at 8 tho.Defense I say jamal adams and derek barnett in thst order.   Oj can help in blocking and as another outlet has sure hsnds and good route runner unlike dickson. If line is iffy bc I do believe it will take time for a replacement for Oher and maybe remmers to be developed. I Byrd can be our quick outlet and let ginn be the deep man or they could exchange from time to time.

Adams can allow coleman to return to form at FS. Plus if the line does not improve at least our backend would be better and still may get turnovers and coverage sacks. Barnett would help in getting sacks on deep plays but really whats been hurting is the backend keeping up with the wr they don't  break on balls like they should.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, AU-panther said:

Watching this Ala/Clemson game has me thinking about some different scenarios for the draft.

What improves us the most?

Cam Robinson instead of Oher

O.J. Howard instead of Dickson

Mike Williams instead of Funchess

Leonard Fournette instead of Stewart

Jamal Adams instead of Boston

Derek Barnett instead of Addison

John Ross instead of Ginn

Are you talking 2017 alone or the next 5 years (the length of time before the pick hits unrestricted free agency)?

Other is under contract through 2019. If he can get back to his level of play from the 15 season then he will be on the team for another year or may even finish out his contract.

Dickson could be a cap casualty but won't be here past 2017.

Funchess was 4th in snap counts last year and I am hoping he can improve this year and see more time on the field.

Fournette is superior to Stewart and has fresh legs. Stewart is a 9 year vet and had to shoulder his heaviest load the past 3 years. Stewart has 1 year left as our feature back at the most or he could be a cap casualty if Fournette is drafted.

Adams over Boston is the clearest immediate upgrade if he plays like the number 8 overall pick should.

Barnett is at least as good as Addison now, with room to grow. Not to mention Addison is a free agent.

I don't know anything about Ross (have not researched W.R'S). However Ginn has been our most consistent WR over the past 2 years as bizarre as that sounds.

In my personal opinion Gettleman would love to get land a can't miss DE. If they feel Barnett is that type of player and he's around at 8 then they take him. I personally am not completely sold on him, however if the front office likes him I will get on board immediately and get very excited.

To me Fournette makes the most sense long term because he's an absolute stud and most likely to live up to his potential. I'd rather there be a DE OR OT with the same pedigree as him be available at 8, but I just don't see it. 

SHORT VERSION:

Let's say you had a cant miss future hall of famer  at each every position available.  I think the pecking order would go.

1.LT

2.DE

3.WR

4.CB

5.HB 

6. S

Option 1, no such player

Option 2, possibility in Barnett but I can't say they I feel 100% confident in him being that type of player

Option 3, no such player 

Option 4, I have not researched corners but plan to. So this def. could be in play here. Have to remember that if Bradberry and or Worley turn out to be the real deal, we only have them under contract for 3 more years.

Option 5, Fournette is that guy.

Option 6, 3 possibilities here in Hooker, Adams and maybe even Peppers.

19 hours ago, stbugs said:

You don't like Adams at safety but like Peppers? Peppers is not good in coverage at all. As a safety, Adams is way better.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Not necessarily true. Peppers is good in press coverage often playing well in nickel coverage on slot receivers. He is versatile having been used as a runner, returner, and DB. Nothing against Adams I just like Hooker best and Peppers next. Adams gets lots of hype. But as I said I am no professional scout so take it for what it is worth.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:37 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Broken down like that, Adams > Boston.

But, age is a factor too. Stew will be 30. Olsen is 32. CJ is 32. Oher is 31.

I'd take Fournette. Robinson isn't a LT in the NFL and Mike Williams is as fragile as they come. If you don't want Fournette for some reason, give me Barnett.

dont agree with the fragile...

Archived