• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Star Wars Prequels are actually good.

CarolinaCoolin

What a title am I right? 

Im willing to bet there will be an instant reaction to the title alone in the form of "nah the prequels suck. There is only one trilogy"  by about half who read.

But did you explore into why you hold that opinion? 

I grew up when the prequels were released. I had see the original films before Ep. I but the prequels were my first real dive into star wars. They hold a special place for me and are apart of some of my favorite childhood memories which is im sure the case for older fans in relation to the originals. 

I stumbled across this documentary on youtube about the prequels/geogre lucas/star wars/cinema/etc and it really makes you think. For you older fans I think it would do you good to watch it as I think it just might change you opinion of the prequels and teach you something about the films you otherwise might have overlooked,

This is the trailer to the documentary 

This is the First 10 minutes to the Documentary

And this is the link the full documentary which is 2.99 but highly worth it imo

Hopefully this sparks some discussion. @Darth Biscuit should really watch this an educate himself. but what do i know im just a failed film school drop out or something

16 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I'll watch the video when I can sure...  the prequels have their place, and while I don't think they compare in any way to the original series, they do move the canon along.

Dont compare in ANY way? Only sith deals in absolutes. 

Poor choice of words there's actually a lot of comparisons. 

And the prequels actually did the effects better. 

But definitely watch the documentary

4 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Dont compare in ANY way? Only sith deals in absolutes. 

Poor choice of words there's actually a lot of comparisons. 

And the prequels actually did the effects better. 

But definitely watch the documentary

Yeah I should have said "in quality" (re the writing and dialogue) in there... was in between meetings earlier today.  Still don't have wifi, will watch later.

Also, have you not noticed my avatar? :)

I think the prequels are pretty good. I think Hayden Christensen gets a lot of unfair criticism that was largely due to an awkward script and bad direction by Lucas. The character should have been given more motivations in the plot itself.

The biggest change I would have liked to have had happen would be allowing Darth Maul to survive the first film. Let him be the Sith that Anakin must face in Episode 3 instead of Dooku. Would have been an epic battle. 

Everyone likes to crown the original trilogy. But honestly if you go back and watch them the acting isn't THAT much better than the prequels and the saber battles were obviously inferior and look obviously staged(Due to tech at the time). 

2 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

the prequels are an embarrassment to filmmaking

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I think the prequels are pretty good. I think Hayden Christensen gets a lot of unfair criticism that was largely due to an awkward script and bad direction by Lucas. The character should have been given more motivations in the plot itself.

The biggest change I would have liked to have had happen would be allowing Darth Maul to survive the first film. Let him be the Sith that Anakin must face in Episode 3 instead of Dooku. Would have been an epic battle. 

Everyone likes to crown the original trilogy. But honestly if you go back and watch them the acting isn't THAT much better than the prequels and the saber battles were obviously inferior and look obviously staged(Due to tech at the time). 

You two are prime candidates to watch the documentary. 

Especially when it comes to your opinions on film making, direction and dialogue 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

You two are prime candidates to watch the documentary. 

Especially when it comes to your opinions on film making, direction and dialogue 

I'll check it out for sure. I remember watching a behind the scenes clips from Episode 3 and Lucas was basically telling Hayden how to deliver the lines in one scene. In the acting world that is a big no no. 

RedLetterMedia FTFW.  

My view: Attack of the Clones is embarrasing.  The adventures of Obi-Wan were the saving grace of the prequels but AotC is really difficult to watch...even more so than Phantom Menace which had a cool villain and Liam Schindler.  

Archived