• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your Diamond in the Rough @ Combine

Catufb85

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Bryd has the quicks too. He tested off the charts in all categories (speed, explosion, agility/quickness) at his pro day. Elite sparq score.

Yep, Byrd is real quick and not to mention fluid in his breaks.

For the record he had a 6.59 3 cone time.

Thats quick

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

They're not really alike.

Go watch Cannon's cut ups, he doesn't run many routes and will have some frustrating drops. Kid can get downfield quickly but isn't smooth/fluid like him.

They really are alike in many ways.

Yes I know Cannon played in Baylor's spread system, but it's not as if he doesn't have the ability to run other routes.

Both Cannon and Diggs were viewed as thin framed and this caused scouts to worry about them being outmuscled at the line of scrimmage. Both guys have very good speed and were viewed as explosive playmakers with the ball in their hands. Both guys are viewed as tough and play through injury, which shows their competitive drive. These two receivers are VERY similar.

Cannon may have a few concerning drops (according to you) and Diggs had his effort questioned, but at the end of the day these are two slightly undersized explosive playmakers that fly under the radar because of minor dings on their ability to fit the NFL prototype WR. But make no mistake, just as Diggs made evaluators regret taking him earlier, Cannon will do the same.

27 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

They really are alike in many ways.

Yes I know Cannon played in Baylor's spread system, but it's not as if he doesn't have the ability to run other routes.

Both Cannon and Diggs were viewed as thin framed and this caused scouts to worry about them being outmuscled at the line of scrimmage. Both guys have very good speed and were viewed as explosive playmakers with the ball in their hands. Both guys are viewed as tough and play through injury, which shows their competitive drive. These two receivers are VERY similar.

Cannon may have a few concerning drops (according to you) and Diggs had his effort questioned, but at the end of the day these are two slightly undersized explosive playmakers that fly under the radar because of minor dings on their ability to fit the NFL prototype WR. But make no mistake, just as Diggs made evaluators regret taking him earlier, Cannon will do the same.

According to me? It's widely known he drops passes.

And if that bolded part makes them alike then there's a billion other receivers that are like them as well.

Im just saying Diggs was more of complete wide receiver coming out than Cannon. Diggs' is also better with the ball in his hands (vision, making people miss). Cannon is more of a "one trick pony" type. But don't get me wrong, I'm all for taking a shot on Cannon in the later rounds, I love how he attacks the ball in the air. I agree with you that the potential is there I'm just saying I personally wouldn't compare him to Diggs. 

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

According to me? It's widely known he drops passes.

And if that bolded part makes them alike then there's a billion other receivers that are like them as well.

Im just saying Diggs was more of complete wide receiver coming out than Cannon. Diggs' is also better with the ball in his hands (vision, making people miss). Cannon is more of a "one trick pony" type. But don't get me wrong, I'm all for taking a shot on Cannon in the later rounds, I love how he attacks the ball in the air. I agree with you that the potential is there I'm just saying I personally wouldn't compare him to Diggs. 

Ok. Well agree to disagree then. But I see these two as one and the same.

FWIW, I think Carlos Henderson is more Stefon Diggs than Cannon is. Only thing is, Henderson probably goes a lot earlier, so not as much of a day 3 gem. I love Henderson and if there was any way he could be there at 72, I'd take him. Not ready for him at 40. He or Samuel would make me very happy on draft day.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

Holy crap!!!!! 

Cut the Byrd talks. The dude is not even on the team anymore. Dammit!!!!

Why would you say that? Byrd could be what this team needs. He certainly has the speed to be a player. And he would probably run a better 40 than anyone in this draft. No idea why he didn't get more looks late in the season last year to see what he could do. It's like we didn't want him to look too good. Maybe afraid of losing him to the Pats? Maybe afraid he'd make fans question what took so long to get him on the field? Not sure...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

The damn dude was cut in Oct. brought back on. He'll be cut again. 

Idk why people act like he's something special. He ain't!!!

I understand what you're saying, but the receivers we put out there last year weren't "special" either. Fastest player/ receiver on the team, then you give him a real look. 

4 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Why would you say that? Byrd could be what this team needs. He certainly has the speed to be a player. And he would probably run a better 40 than anyone in this draft. No idea why he didn't get more looks late in the season last year to see what he could do. It's like we didn't want him to look too good. Maybe afraid of losing him to the Pats? Maybe afraid he'd make fans question what took so long to get him on the field? Not sure...

Lose him to the pats? Lmfao. He was cut. No one picked him up. That's why he's back. Holy cow

16 hours ago, ncfan said:

I've kept my eyes on him to.  

I honestly look at people's shuttles and 20 yard split more than the 40.  Quickness gets you open.  40 speed only does if you just run straight and bomb it down field.

other guys

Daeshon Hall, Tanoh Kap both long athletic DEs

KC Cannon- very Explosive

Mack Hollins- tall, fast

Tanoh Kap

Archived