• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to fix it (Offense)

Mr. Scot

I have a idea. STOP throwing downfield passes to your 37 year old WR in double coverage. This is a Smith ball or a Moore ball, etc. Come on.

Our offense should be fine. It is the coaching people. I don't know if Fox is sticking his hand in there or Davidson is just that bad, but it's the play calling. We give on the run FAST. Since Arizona we've given up on it. Our coaches think Joe Montana is our QB and let him go off. Jake is NOT that. It's not fair to expect him to be. Throwing 32 times is WAY WAY WAY too many for Jake when we have 2 star RB's (and a good one in Goodson too).

It starts with coaching then go from there. Like I said in another thread, no one is afraid of losing their job.

And wtf are the Jarrett hate, he caught a nice ball last night when it was thrown him. Jake hardly finds anyone else. Come on.

And why do we use Rosario for one game a year to be effective?

Bad coaching guys...

Run, run, run... 14 rushing plays in a close game like the one last night is absurd. Why does this team keep asking Jake to be Tom Brady?

We have two of the best backs in all of the NFL right now and we barely use them. I realize it was rough going last night early on, but that's how it works... by the 3rd quarter DeAngelo was starting to break some runs.

If nothing else, a commitment to the running game brings the opposing defense up into the box and that opens things up for Smith. Running the ball would also take a great deal of pass rush pressure off of Jake.

Moose had a decent game except for the ticky-tacky penalty and the lack of effort on the underthrown ball by Jake that led to the INT. Why we are calling plays like the INT to him and why Jake is throwing that ball to him is beyond me. Moose is a possession receiver and is good 20 yards and in, he's never had the speed to beat corners on long passes.

I don't blame Moose for that INT at all. He was covered well and the ball should have never been thrown. Hell even if he did do the impossible and fight for the ball he was going to get absolutely torn up by the safety.

I can't buy into benching Moose for two reasons:

1) Even at his age, he's still overall better than the guys behind him.

2) He's way more important to the running game than people think

A large number of those long runs by Williams and Stewart from last season don't ever happen if Moose isn't out there blocking. He is still a great downfield blocker.

Now, stopping or minimizing the use of Moose as a downfield receiver? That I can sign onto.

An occasional shot to him downfield just to mix it up? Yeah.

Using him as much as we have been the last few games? Nein :nonod:

1) Even at his age, he's still overall better than the guys behind him.

2) He's way more important to the running game than people think

But, when Carolina starts becoming a pass-first team, which we were last night, then why still use Moose?

I understand they love his block, and he is great at that, but if you're going to become a team that throws vertically, and mixes in the rush after that, then you don't need that type of receiver.

We've lost our identity as a team.

But, when Carolina starts becoming a pass-first team, which we were last night, then why still use Moose?

I understand they love his block, and he is great at that, but if you're going to become a team that throws vertically, and mixes in the rush after that, then you don't need that type of receiver.

We've lost our identity as a team.

I take the opposite approach.

Keep Moose in, and don't become a pass-first team.

I take the opposite approach.

Keep Moose in, and don't become a pass-first team.

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly.

BUT, the coaching staff doesn't seem to want it that way.

If they're going to stick to the run, then stick to the run. Keep Moose in, place King in for the good blocks. I even seen Rosario at FB during a play or two, wtf was that about? Put Tony in, let him block. RUN THE BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS.

But, if you're going to take strikes down the field, then let Kenneth Moore come in, let Dwayne Jarrett get his chances. Then let Rosario come off the end of the line, or out of the backfield. Get your identity back as a team. If you're going to go with one thing, stick with it. Don't try and switch half-way through the game. Then you just confuse the o-line, and you piss the defensive players off who want to actually win.

i.e. Jon Beason, Thomas Davis, and... Well... Daimone Lewis?

WR is a pos we really need help at. Dallas shut the door on the run and made our Offence throw and it cost us. I will never understand throwing the Deep ball to Moose and why Moore is not on the field when he can stretch it. They had Smith Covered well and they forced us to use someone else and there was no one there.

Moose had a decent game except for the ticky-tacky penalty and the lack of effort on the underthrown ball by Jake that led to the INT. Why we are calling plays like the INT to him and why Jake is throwing that ball to him is beyond me. Moose is a possession receiver and is good 20 yards and in, he's never had the speed to beat corners on long passes.

Yeah I know whats wrong with Moose tackling the guy hes blocking. Come on Moose grab Newman by the shoulder pads and ripped him backwards (showed great strength though.

edit: I just realized you were talking about the TD and not the holding penalty my bad.

Archived