• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have 12 million in cap space as of 3-13-17

panther4life

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Theres not many open roster spots for carolina.  They do not need to use all their picks.  8th pick salary isn't ideal for getty.  He may want to go a cheaper route.  I think Carolina moves down 5-7 spots in the 1st round picking up a 2nd.  Moves their late 2nd up 15 spots by trading their 3rd/4th etc.  They now have 4 picks in the top 50.  Who would they pick? 

I really have trouble with the idea of moving down when we hopefully will not be picking in the top 10 again anytime soon. Got to take advantage of high draft position that we suffered so much to obtain!  If anything some of us are thinking Dave just might try to move higher in round 1 to grab the guy he really wants.  Unlikely I think, but still I think trading up is a more likely scenario than trading down.

2 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I really have trouble with the idea of moving down when we hopefully will not be picking in the top 10 again anytime soon. Got to take advantage of high draft position that we suffered so much to obtain!  If anything some of us are thinking Dave just might try to move higher in round 1 to grab the guy he really wants.  Unlikely I think, but still I think trading up is a more likely scenario than trading down.

there is a significant pay increase the further you move up in the draft.  I just dont think Gettlemen wants to tie up more money in top tier draft picks.  Just moving up to 5th is what another $8million?

4 hours ago, panther4life said:

Most the info came from overthecap.com. I filled in the blanks for them. Format may be shitty, don't know until I post. But below is our top 51 contracts that count against the cap for 2017.

EDIT: As others pointed out I forgot the roll over money from 16. According to the NFLPA https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report that number was $13,208,020

I also forgot the dead money from this year. Should be correct now.

So current top 51 = $166,137,172

+ 1,885.303 in dead money = $168,022,475. 

Cap is 167 Million and we rolled over 13,208,020. So effective cap is $180,208,020. Subtract the top 51 and dead money total of $168,022,475 and you get a cap space number of $12,185,545.

I'd also like to add I completely guessed on Scott,Bersin,and Jacobs. I went low, so if they come back with more money that will reduce the space some.

EDIT 2.0 I added rookie class to original spreadsheet. Picks 8,40 and 62 cracked the top 51.  That made the top 51 now = 169,224,389 + the 1,885,303 in dead money brings us to $171,109,692 subtract that number from the Adjusted cap of $180,208,020 and you get $9,098,328 in space.

Cam Newton

$20,166,000

Kawann Short

$13,387,000

Luke Kuechly

$12,363,324

Greg Olsen

$10,350,000

Ryan Kalil

$8,329,000

Jonathan Stewart

$8,250,000

Thomas Davis

$8,250,000

Star Lotulelei

$6,757,000

Michael Oher

$5,500,000

Charles Johnson

$4,359,375

Mario Addison

$4,354,166

Graham Gano

$4,000,000

Julius Peppers

$3,750,000.00

Kurt Coleman

$3,650,000

Matt Kalil

Andrew Norwell

$2,746,000

Ed Dickson

$2,716,668

Andy Lee

$2,625,000

Russell Shepard

$2,500,000.00

Captain Munnerlyn

$2,500,000

Kelvin Benjamin

$2,438,625

Shaq Thompson

$2,402,380

Derek Anderson

$2,250,000

Charles Johnson

Trai Turner

$1,931,950

Vernon Butler

$1,908,299

Tre Boston

$1,898,367

Mike Adams

$1,775,000

Devin Funchess

$1,505,698

Fozzy Whittaker

$1,350,000

Colin Jones

$1,225,000

Wes Horton

Gino Gradkowski

$1,050,000

Jeffrey Jansen

$1,040,000

Joe Webb

$1,000,000

James Bradberry

$900,190

Daryl Worley

$775,724

Daryl Williams

$754,280

Chris Scott

$695,000.00

Ben jacobs

$695,000.00

Brenton Bersin

$695,000.00

Amini Silatolu

$695,000

Scott Simonson

$690,000

L.J. McCray

$665,000

Cameron Artis-Payne

$656,563

David Mayo

$656,563

Dean Marlowe

$620,000

Ryan Delaire

$615,000

David Yankey

$615,000

Tyler Patmon

$615,000

Darrel Young

$615,000

Impressive work, well done.

5 hours ago, chknwing said:

well oher is gonna be a june 1st cut which will save $4.5 million of cap.

Cutting Stewart would net a similar gain in cap space. I don't believe JStew will be in Carolina this year unless he renegotiates with a more cap friendly number.

Gettleman pondering whether to have Oher and Stewart on the roster or 9 million additional cap dollars.

bX7Eo.gif

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Wet dream would be to trade up to 2 and get Garrett. Come on Brown's and SF give us a SB.

6 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Cutting Stewart would net a similar gain in cap space. I don't believe JStew will be in Carolina this year unless he renegotiates with a more cap friendly number.

Gettleman pondering whether to have Oher and Stewart on the roster or 9 million additional cap dollars.

bX7Eo.gif

Oher shouldn't even be a consideration at this point

You (and Spotrac) are missing a cap hit of $1.797 mil IIRC for Palardy. I don't know why they left him off but we did tender him.

When I'm not on my phone and actually at a computer I will try to crunch the other numbers. 

I think my estimate the other day was 7-12, so I think you're in the right ball park.

Also, before I get to a computer and off the top of my head, we can free up more money by the following: 

Restructuring Olsen and Ryan Kalil: IIRC around $4 mil

Cutting:

Dickson: $2 mil

Andy Lee: $3.5 mil? Not sure right now

Gradkowski: $750,000

I listed these because we already have replacements on the roster or a high potential to acquire one in FA or the draft. Stewart isn't there because I keep flip flopping on if I think he stays.

Even without him, that's over $10 mil in flexibility added to about $10 mil in space. Factor in the top rookie contracts and we have a potential in $15 mil in flexibility right now. 

This also doesn't include a potential move with Oher, which could add, IIRC, another $3 mil or so.

Archived