• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have 12 million in cap space as of 3-13-17

panther4life

2 hours ago, Nails said:

Fournette=No Stew.  No Fournette=Stew.  You don't suck after a 17 win season to use the #8 overall pick on a generational talent at a devalued position and also pay big $$$ to an injury prone 30 year old that just averaged 3.8 ypc.  An absolute asinine allocation of resources when we're trying to win ring 1.  We all want to give all our guys rings but the Patriots didn't win even 1, much less 5, by being sentimental.

Its very likely Stewart will be here next season regardless of whether we pick Fournette or not.  As far Fournette being a generational talent, that remains to be seen.  No way to know that for certain until we see him in the backfield on Sundays.  Now if Fournette does turn out to be that good, then Stewart might be gone in 2018 or at very least signed for a much smaller contract.  But I don't think we are going to pay Stewart 3.5 million or whatever his dead money/cap hit is next year to play for someone else, while we depend on an unproven rookie.  

FWIW I was wrong about Palardy. He was an ERFA not an RFA. His tender amount should indeed be around $540,000.

... which makes it even better for us (+1.25 mil) AND better if he takes Lee's job (although we will be out of a 4th round pick.)

I don't want to cut Lee..... and I'm pretty sure it was a 4th rounder in '18, not a 3rd round pick... but I could be mistaken. 

He's signed through '18, so I'd prefer to keep him here. What he was doing for our punting game was pretty amazing until he got hurt.

20 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I don't want to cut Lee..... and I'm pretty sure it was a 4th rounder in '18, not a 3rd round pick... but I could be mistaken. 

He's signed through '18, so I'd prefer to keep him here. What he was doing for our punting game was pretty amazing until he got hurt.

I'm glad you asked about the pick. I've seen many people post 3rd round lately. Thought I missed something. 

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't either. I have no idea why we tendered Palardy except as camp fodder. Lee was #2 last year and Palardy was something like #31. Even Gano had a higher average per punt than Palary. Maybe he can get better, but Lee was much, much better. Unless we need the cap, he's a much better option. This isn't like Gano, who I wouldn't mind replacing for cap because I think we can do as good or better. Maybe Lee isn't healthy, but it definitely didn't seem like a career ender, heck didn't even seem like an IRer either, but we were dumping people there like flies once we knew we were done. 

Probably a couple of reasons.  One, just to have him around in case something else happens to Lee.  Two, if someone becomes in desperate need of a punter, they have to give up something for him. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

We've got more than enough cap if we need it. I think outside of minimal deals, we are done and our priority is the draft and the nice selections we have. I'm really looking forward to it. It's been 5 years since we've been in the top 10 and even then, we didn't have the draft capital we have now and this year's draft is really deep compared to the last few years. When CB/S/TE are as deep as they've been in a decade and RB and DE are also very deep, that is a great draft. I'd say that since 2008, this might be the most draft value we've had and that was only because we traded away our 2009 1st.

8, 40, 64, 98 and 115. I'm really liking our first 5.

Oh I agree I think they are done. Focus is now on the draft.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don't either. I have no idea why we tendered Palardy except as camp fodder. Lee was #2 last year and Palardy was something like #31. Even Gano had a higher average per punt than Palary. Maybe he can get better, but Lee was much, much better. Unless we need the cap, he's a much better option. This isn't like Gano, who I wouldn't mind replacing for cap because I think we can do as good or better. Maybe Lee isn't healthy, but it definitely didn't seem like a career ender, heck didn't even seem like an IRer either, but we were dumping people there like flies once we knew we were done. 

#ZaneGonzalezInThe6thRound

Archived