• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Front Office Execs Believe Christian McCaffery Will Go In Top 10

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Watch that podcast I recently posted. Nuggets on McCaffery that'll probably help you see he's got a whole lot of potential.

I know exactly what he is. I've seen plenty. And you don't take a situational player top 10. 40 is a whole different discussion. I'm not taking a RB top 10 if he can't carry the ball 20 times a game from the backfield. If I want a slot WR, I'll get one who does that all the time. Not as an add on. I said my peace and respect your stance. We just disagree on this one. Nothing wrong with that. I could easily be wrong and it won't be the first or last time.

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Jesus, Fournette is not the next Bo Jackson. I would like him at 8, but I'm not setting my expectations on a transcendental runningback from him.

He'll be a Stephen Davis type, but he's not Bo Jackson, or Adrian Peterson. Those hoping so will be greatly disappointed.

We disagree on this also. Not that he is Bo. No one is. But he is much better than Stephen Davis. I saw every snap of Davis in college. There is a reason he went 4 th round. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I know exactly what he is. I've seen plenty. And you don't take a situational player top 10. 40 is a whole different discussion. I'm not taking a RB top 10 if he can't carry the ball 20 times a game from the backfield. If I want a slot WR, I'll get one who does that all the time. Not as an add on. I said my peace and respect your stance. We just disagree on this one. Nothing wrong with that. I could easily be wrong and it won't be the first or last time.

No problem. I enjoy discussions like these. 

Just now, Toomers said:

We disagree on this also. Not that he is Bo. No one is. But he is much better than Stephen Davis. I saw every snap of Davis in college. There is a reason he went 4 th round. 

Not Davis as a prospect, but Davis in his prime.

I'm giving him far more credit than that. Davis was an intimidating powerful back in his prime, and Fournette can achieve that, or even go further than that. Not AP or Bo's level, but he'll be solid. 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Not Davis as a prospect, but Davis in his prime.

I'm giving him far more credit than that. Davis was an intimidating powerful back in his prime, and Fournette can achieve that, or even go further than that. Not AP or Bo's level, but he'll be solid. 

Even as much as I like Fournette, comparing him to an arguably top 5-10 RB of all time and possibly the single greatest athletic specimen in American Sports history would be too high a standard for any RB.

All these "the next Bo Jackson" posters... do they realize that who never had a 1000 yard season in the NFL? That he only had ONE career 100 yard game?

Bo is one of the great "what if" stories in NFL history, but I sure as hell hope that whoever we pick at #8 isn't "the next Bo Jackson" because that means he was a bust. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All these "the next Bo Jackson" posters... do they realize that who never had a 1000 yard season in the NFL? That he only had ONE career 100 yard game?

Bo is one of the great "what if" stories in NFL history, but I sure as hell hope that whoever we pick at #8 isn't "the next Bo Jackson" because that means he was a bust. 

You really don't know Bo...lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. 

He was hardly a bust. He was a 7th round pick. He told TB not to take him after they screwed him out of his SR year of baseball. That's on them. If he plays football full time, he would have been one of the best ever. Easily.

12 minutes ago, C47 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen on this website. Not even a little bit alike. 

The point I was making is that we've seen a white Stanford RB get hyped up by the media before. Much like McCaffrey.

I don't doubt his talent but he is not the 8th best player in this draft.

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You really don't know Bo...lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. 

He was hardly a bust. He was a 7th round pick. He told TB not to take him after they screwed him out of his SR year of baseball. That's on them. If he plays football full time, he would have been one of the best ever. Easily.

Agree, I'm simply saying that saying a guy is "the next Bo Jackson" isn't really a positive thing, especially when you're talking about a top 10 pick.

The guy had a ton of potential, but then he broke his leg off.

Archived