• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Front Office Execs Believe Christian McCaffery Will Go In Top 10

bobsfoodbasics

Everyone knocks Bush and calls him a bust, but was he really? I know he didn't live up to the huge hype he had coming out of USC, but the guy still put up over 10,000 all purpose yards. Only about 1000 less all purpose yards than Marshall Lynch. Almost 2000 more than Jonathan Stewart. That's a pretty damn good career.

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

Is a 21 year old Lesean McCoy worth a top 10 pick?

What about Jamaal Charles?

I could go on, but you see the point.

McCaffrey played injured half of the season and played behind one of the most porous offensive lines that Stanford has produced in over 10 years. And he STILL rushed for over 1600 yards. How can you look at production like that and question weight?

I cant help that your infatuated with a feather weight.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's six pounds lighter than LeSean McCoy.

and white. /sarcasm... my point about him being light still stands, I understand some people have fallen in love with him, but I havent. build means a lot when you hit the pro's and I just dont see him being anything more then a very versatile player, going that high I want a workhorse, not a situational.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone knocks Bush and calls him a bust, but was he really? I know he didn't live up to the huge hype he had coming out of USC, but the guy still put up over 10,000 all purpose yards. Only about 1000 less all purpose yards than Marshall Lynch. Almost 2000 more than Jonathan Stewart. That's a pretty damn good career.

On top of this, once he was the guy in Miami and Detroit, he showed he good he was even in his later years when injuries had diminished a lot of his athleticism.  He had a stretch where he went 3 straight years with 1200+ YFS with a good YPC.

Bush's main issues were his vision, or lack thereof, and injuries.  You can't predict injuries and McCaffrey's vision is undeniable.  Bush was a ridiculously good athlete though.

21 minutes ago, SIGCHI222 said:

He would be the highest white running back taken since the 1960's, yes?  I don't even give a shlt if that statement is true, it's close.

The Huddle is doing to Mack the same type thing main-stream media was doing to Cam in 2011. 

At least they tried to hide it with Cam.

If 4net is there at 8, pick his ass.  If he is gone, go with Christian.  No trading up.  Leave 8 at 8.

Only difference is when it was done to Cam and we brought it up, those of us who brought it up were told to be quiet and quit bringing race into everything. I agree that Christian is going through the same thing, but those who are fighting on Christians behalf aren't exactly going through what happened in 2011. We ALL pretty much agree he's being overlooked at RB because of his skin.

But I wouldn't have a problem with the pick, and I agree. If Fournette is there pick him...if not, go Christian. As long as the offense is being addressed, I'm cool.

Archived