• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading up for Fournette?

AU-panther

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

why? he's worth it. I mean if Gman trades both our #2's for him sure, that would be retarded.

LOL dude last year here is what it took to move from number 8 to number 2 

The Eagles receive the No. 2 pick and a 2017 fourth-round pick from the Browns. The Browns get the eighth overall pick as well as a third-round pick (No. 77 overall) and fourth-round pick (No. 100 overall) from the Eagles this year. Cleveland also receives Philadelphia's first-round pick in 2017 and its second-round pick in 2018.

Read and Re-read that trade. It took this years first, next year's first and a future second as well as a third and fourth rounder for good measure. 

If we trade up to number two that be would be absolutely idiotic unless it's for Garrett. 

Read and Re-read that trade. It took this years first, next year's first and a future second as well as a third and fourth rounder for good measure. 
If we trade up to number two that be would be absolutely idiotic unless it's for Garrett. 

It was only there 8th pick in past years draft and a first this year. That was all it wasn't next year's too. It is worth it, Gettleman never drafts 8 picks.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think it's even be idiotic for Garrett. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft and IMO if you're giving up that type of loot, the only way you're going to come out ahead is if you're getting a franchise QB and we already have that. The Falcons got one helluva WR in Julio Jones but they sucked for years after that trade because they gutted their future to land Jones. It took a long time to recover from that and put a complete roster together.

5 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

It was only there 8th pick in past years draft and a first this year. That was all it wasn't next year's too. It is worth it, Gettleman never drafts 8 picks.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

A- no it wasn't I posted the trade, it involved (2 first rounders, 1 second rounder, 1 third rounder, 1 fourth rounder)

B- NO. fug no. Have you guys not learned your lesson of trading away first rounders after the E. Brown and Jeff Otah debacles? You don't trade away future first rounders. You just don't.

The Eagles is a tad defensible because they got a franchise QB. 

But for a RB????

That's insane. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's even be idiotic for Garrett. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft and IMO if you're giving up that type of loot, the only way you're going to come out ahead is if you're getting a franchise QB and we already have that. The Falcons got one helluva WR in Julio Jones but they sucked for years after that trade because they gutted their future to land Jones. It took a long time to recover from that and put a complete roster together.

comparing our current roster to the Falcons whenever they traded for Julio is like day and night.

but here is the real question who benefited the most from that trade Cleveland or Atlanta?

i would say Atlanta

5 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I might try to do the same analysis of player availability at #8 based on recent analyst mocks as opposed to the fanspeak simulator.  If I get a chance to do that, I'll post it later.  Might create a separate thread depending on how interesting it is..., i.e. if there's anything suprising or worth discussing.

Do start your own thread. Your threads rule. 

3 minutes ago, bandu said:

comparing our current roster to the Falcons whenever they traded for Julio is like day and night.

but here is the real question who benefited the most from that trade Cleveland or Atlanta?

i would say Atlanta

Cleveland has also been god awful at drafting forever and if they had a competent FO during that time period it would be close or at least even. 

Also Julio is a HOF WR- there's no guarantees that would happen. 

Let's say Atlanta trades up in a different year for Justin Blackmon. Then that is the worst trade of all time regardless of who Cleveland drafts. 

Cleveland absolutely made the right decision that day, they just have the worst luck. 

11 minutes ago, bandu said:

i would say Atlanta

We have a lot of age to replace. Namely our entire DE corps minus Mario and even he is knocking on the door of 30.

Anytime you trade with Cleveland you end up "winning". They're the Browns. They'll figure out how to screw up anything. My god, even Bill Belichick failed in Cleveland.

Just now, SOJA said:

Cleveland has also been god awful at drafting forever and if they had a competent FO during that time period it would be close or at least even. 

Also Julio is a HOF WR- there's no guarantees that would happen. 

Let's say Atlanta trades up in a different year for Justin Blackmon. Then that is the worst trade of all time regardless of who Cleveland drafts. 

Cleveland absolutely made the right decision that day, they just have the worst luck. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have a lot of age to replace. Namely our entire DE corps minus Mario and even he is knocking on the door of 30.

Anytime you trade with Cleveland you end up "winning". They're the Browns. They'll figure out how to screw up anything. My god, even Bill Belichick failed in Cleveland.

but Clevelands ineptitude is irrelavant...

what matters is this...Julio Jones is arguably the best WR in the league.so trading up in order to acquire a player of his caliber is in fact a smart move.

8 minutes ago, bandu said:

but Clevelands ineptitude is irrelavant...

what matters is this...Julio Jones is arguably the best WR in the league.so trading up in order to acquire a player of his caliber is in fact a smart move.

You're the one that brought up "winning" the trade. The other party's incompetency is highly relevant in that equation.

Would the Falcons have had three consecutive losing seasons if they didn't expend so much draft capital to acquire Julio? No one can say for sure, all we know is that the Falcons got an elite WR but they also gave up the opportunity to acquire several other key pieces in order to get that WR.

Either way, they blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl.

42 minutes ago, SOJA said:

A- no it wasn't I posted the trade, it involved (2 first rounders, 1 second rounder, 1 third rounder, 1 fourth rounder)

B- NO. fug no. Have you guys not learned your lesson of trading away first rounders after the E. Brown and Jeff Otah debacles? You don't trade away future first rounders. You just don't.

The Eagles is a tad defensible because they got a franchise QB. 

But for a RB????

That's insane. 

It is not insane. It is smart. Very, very retard.

Archived