• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading up for Fournette?

AU-panther

Do we really need to?

I'm not usually a fan of drafting RBs in the first round.  I realize he is one of the better RB prospects of the last 10 years so I understand why we might.  Also I'm not a fan of trading up, considering some of the quality help I think we could get later in the draft.  My concern is that we end up trading up to draft Fournette when we don't need to. 

What is the chance a team in the top 7 would actually draft him.  I can see Jacksonville considering it but they are so consistently bad I would think they would go in a different direction.  Everyone talks about Elliot going 4th last year but in my opinion that was a different situation.  Dallas was a fairly talented team that had a bad year and was picking relatively high.  There were adding a RB to an established offense.  A sort of "last piece", not a building block.

I don't really see any of the other top 7 teams drafting him, but I do see all of them acting light they might.  Everyone in the world seems consider him a match for us.  I'm sure some of the teams above us would love to pick up some extra picks by making us nervous.

Also if he doesn't go in the top 7 and we pass on him at what point do people think he would drafted by another team?

I think the only reason we do trade up is because we will not keep all 8 picks. Gettleman has never drafted over 6 guys in a draft. So I can see us packaging their pick at 8, late second, 4th and a high pick next year. That's if they really want him. From what I read the other day they really wanted Gurley and Henry but price way was to much. This year they don't have to move up as much.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Or crowning the newly added rookies as sure fire HOFers

This is your way of saying damnit we're drafting Fournette

When we do, he will be talked about around here like a sure fire HoF'er because what we're going to have to do to get him the staff must think that

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our best bet is for a couple of QBs to go in the top seven and the Jags to go defense. I think Fournette is gonna be a Jag though.

One of the analysts did a mock draft that had 2 QBs going off the board in the top 7 (basically an ideal scenario for us...), BUT the other five off the board were Garrett, Thomas, Adams, Fournette & Howard!  Yikes.  Suddenly a promising scenario (2 Qbs taken in the top 7), turns into a nightmare with our favorite 5 players all off the board.

I could see that happening unfortunately, unless Lattimore or Foster or one of the WRs could possibly come into play in the top 7.

But trades could shake things up.  We shall see, it's getting closer!

35 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Do we really need to?

I'm not usually a fan of drafting RBs in the first round.  I realize he is one of the better RB prospects of the last 10 years so I understand why we might.  Also I'm not a fan of trading up, considering some of the quality help I think we could get later in the draft.  My concern is that we end up trading up to draft Fournette when we don't need to. 

What is the chance a team in the top 7 would actually draft him.  I can see Jacksonville considering it but they are so consistently bad I would think they would go in a different direction.  Everyone talks about Elliot going 4th last year but in my opinion that was a different situation.  Dallas was a fairly talented team that had a bad year and was picking relatively high.  There were adding a RB to an established offense.  A sort of "last piece", not a building block.

I don't really see any of the other top 7 teams drafting him, but I do see all of them acting light they might.  Everyone in the world seems consider him a match for us.  I'm sure some of the teams above us would love to pick up some extra picks by making us nervous.

Also if he doesn't go in the top 7 and we pass on him at what point do people think he would drafted by another team?

If DG push les all his chips in the pot for Ron and Mike's Neanderthal Football, its a helluva risky bet.

Archived