• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Cam need to get back to previous level?

yasuhara2241

As much as most of us love Cam we need to also admit that last year he wasn't good at all. There were tons of factors to his drop-off and I am not at all just blaming Cam. Some concerns:

1. Health - He was beaten up really badly last year by tons of hits (legal and illegal). This obviously affected him mentally and physically. We brought in Kalil but beyond that we haven't done much else to help the oline. This looks like a very weak oline draft. We have one injury to one of the tackles and we are in a lot of trouble. Is there a player that we could draft and be a viable back-up tackle?

2. Speed - Cam looked slow last year. He had far less escapes last year. He looks a lot less explosive. Injuries have played a part in that and all reports say he looks like he lost weight. Do you all have any concerns about him slowing down?

3. WR Separation - This was a real problem last year. Cam had to throw in such tight windows. This problem I do feel like can be solved in the draft. There are quite a few quality WRs in this draft that can really contribute. Which WR do you all think will have the biggest impact on our offense?

4. Playcalling / Scheme - I really think we have gotten away with a lot that Cam does well. The read option became too much of a staple in our offense. What offensive changes would you all make and which players in the draft would help us go in that direction?

I think Cam is our QB and will get back to a very high level of play. I love the fact that many people are underestimating him. He is very prideful and has a huge ego so that type of criticism will only fuel him. What are your expectations of him next year?

2 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Get receivers that can get open and a line that gives receivers time to get open

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Clearly we can and should upgrade those position groups, but those things were not the reason that Cam was locking into targets instead of going through all his reads, feeling pressure when it wasn't there and showing poor pocket presence compared to what we've seen from him, having inaccurate passes on a more consistent basis, etc. Cam struggled along with the rest of the team, he has work to do as well. I think you can factor in his coaching to some degree with Dorsey and to a lesser degree Shula, but Cam has responsibility as well to improve. And I'm sure he knows that. Is Cam the most glaring improvement we need on this team? No absolutely not, not even top 10 or top 15. But that doesn't mean he's absolved from his struggles.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Clearly we can and should upgrade those position groups, but those things were not the reason that Cam was locking into targets instead of going through all his reads, feeling pressure when it wasn't there and showing poor pocket presence compared to what we've seen from him, having inaccurate passes on a more consistent basis, etc. Cam struggled along with the rest of the team, he has work to do as well. I think you can factor in his coaching to some degree with Dorsey and to a lesser degree Shula, but Cam has responsibility as well to improve. And I'm sure he knows that. Is Cam the most glaring improvement we need on this team? No absolutely not, not even top 10 or top 15. But that doesn't mean he's absolved from his struggles.

Dude, NOTHING is Cam's fault! You've been around here long enough to know this!

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Do you feel like Kalil will improve this? Or do we need to draft somebody somewhat early? Who would you draft?

Honestly I do not know but, I do believe in team chemistry. I'm gambling that his Big brother will help and show him the best things to do. I would draft the BPA on offense so Cam can succeed.

7 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Definitely true.

It is a machine though. All parts have to work together.

Archived