• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Betting Odds Are Moving Away From McCaffrey Going In Top 8

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

In late February and early March after the combine, in the media McC was still considered a late first rounder, possible early rounder. The rise to top 10 consideration came well after the combine. McC has good agents.

Actually the first reports of McCaffrey being a top 10 pick (and possibly to the Panthers at 8) came in early February (February 7th I believe).

A lot of people who attended the combine heard of the Panthers interest in McCaffrey.

Sometimes it takes a while for the media/draft twitter to catch up to what the scouts/evaluators feel is a players value.

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

No, he's just an incredible offensive weapon.  I read a scouting report on him that had one of his WEAKNESSES as "sometimes he pushes his teammates too hard."  The dude is more dangerous than anyone else in this draft in open field.  If he were to become a Panther, he would embody everything that is great about the Keep Pounding slogan and this franchise as a whole.  You want to evolve an offense?  He's the player you take.  Not Fournette.

Not gonna get into this. Are you disputing what I said about the couple weeks after the combine everybody had him in late first to early second, maybe as high as middle of first? I'm not 100% sure about that but if memory still serves, that's what I think was the case. Don't recall the combine pushing him far up, it all came after. Could be wrong though.

Just now, Moorgan said:

Vegas doesn't have more information than us...they have information on what WE think. Lines are about action...nothing more. Nothing less.

I agree with this. But lines move because of the money bet on each side. The bookies always want equal bets on either side. 

Why would they move the line from 8.5 to 12.5 a day after the odds initially came out? No new information has come out suggesting that McCaffrey would fall. Obviously they were getting a lot of action on the o8.5,

Just something to ponder.

3 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Actually the first reports of McCaffrey being a top 10 pick (and possibly to the Panthers at 8) came in early February (February 7th I believe).

A lot of people who attended the combine heard of the Panthers interest in McCaffrey.

Sometimes it takes a while for the media/draft twitter to catch up to what the scouts/evaluators feel is a players value.

Any source? Don't remember that at all. Nothing about us being interested McC came out until just a couple weeks ago and it would've before if "A lot of people who attended the combine heard of the Panthers interest in McCaffrey." At least from what I remember. It's possible but I trust my own memory enough still that until I see a source I don't think I'd believe it.

8 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

In late February and early March after the combine, in the media McC was still considered a late first rounder, possible early rounder. The rise to top 10 consideration came well after the combine. McC has good agents.

"In the media" that's it.

Just like Malik McDowell is being mocked in some mocks in the 2nd or even 3rd freaking round. Most of these media guys don't have a freaking clue. 

McCaffery is a game changer. You could argue he is the best route runner in this entire draft. Now imagine having an Olsen like target coming out of the backfield or lined up in the slot with the ability to actually run after the catch. A month ago I laughed the thought of CMC off but the more I watch the more I want him. He's a better fit for us than Fournette is, McCaffery truly evolves this offense.

8 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Any source? Don't remember that at all. Nothing about us being interested McC came out until just a couple weeks ago and it would've before if "A lot of people who attended the combine heard of the Panthers interest in McCaffrey." At least from what I remember. It's possible but I trust my own memory enough still that until I see a source I don't think I'd believe it.

17 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

The media is irrelevant 

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

"In the media" that's it.

Just like Malik McDowell is being mocked in some mocks in the 2nd or even 3rd freaking round. Most of these media guys don't have a freaking clue. 

McCaffery is a game changer. You could argue he is the best route runner in this entire draft. Now imagine having an Olsen like target coming out of the backfield or lined up in the slot with the ability to actually run after the catch. A month ago I laughed the thought of CMC off but the more I watch the more I want him. He's a better fit for us than Fournette is, McCaffery truly evolves this offense.

"In the media" is what we're talking about, and the only thing we have to go by right now. Nobody has any clue for sure what teams are going to do. The McCaffrey going in the top 10 stuff is "in the media" too, and that's it, so why do people keep bringing that up?

Not going to get into the debate of McCaffrey's game vs. others, just talking about info out there on where McC could go in this thread.

2 minutes ago, csx said:

The media is irrelevant 

It's all we've got right now. You think Voth and Jeremy are irrelevant? To some degree yes because they don't know what DG will do but it's all we've got.

2 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

I agree with this. But lines move because of the money bet on each side. The bookies always want equal bets on either side. 

Why would they move the line from 8.5 to 12.5 a day after the odds initially came out? No new information has come out suggesting that McCaffrey would fall. Obviously they were getting a lot of action on the o8.5,

Just something to ponder.

The amount of action on one side over the other causes it to move to equal action, as you said. So they were getting too much action on one side.

Archived