• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Intermittent Fasting

Jackofalltrades

My original goal was 265 and I didn't think that was really doable, but LCHF and IF have made it easy. My goal now is 235 and I'll discuss that with my doctor on Monday. 

She told me not to do the LCHF diet because of blood pressure, CVD, cholesterol, etc. All my labs normalized and I'm now prescription free. This is the most energy I've had in a long, long time. 

5 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

My original goal was 265 and I didn't think that was really doable, but LCHF and IF have made it easy. My goal now is 235 and I'll discuss that with my doctor on Monday. 

She told me not to do the LCHF diet because of blood pressure, CVD, cholesterol, etc. All my labs normalized and I'm now prescription free. This is the most energy I've had in a long, long time. 

Losing weight will do that. You are probably eating way less too. So all that is good news. 

The bad news is LCHF has really bad side effects that won't show themselves until often it is too late. You should consider moving off of it once you hit your new goal. Move to a diet with zero bad side effects, only positive ones. 

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is pretty hilarious... 

Dr. Fung: Obesity is often considered a problem of excessive calories. This caloric obsession has been indoctrinated into all of us since we were children. Too many calories in, too few calories out, or some combination is what we believe leads to weight gain and obesity. If it were indeed true that excess calories leads to weight gain, then the solution is simple: Reduce calories eaten. This has formed the standard dietary advice of the last 50 years. And it has failed spectacularly. Obesity rates have skyrocketed upward despite continual exhortations to cut calories. So, the proof is in the pudding. This advice does not work

Yes, it is a simple solution. 

The ONLY time that advice does not work is when people just don't do it. This guy is selling books to people who want to believe they can eat all they want and still lose weight. Sad. 

Ignore the several studies he's cited that prove it, but whatever you say. Well respected nephrologist who has reversed numerous diseases and obesity has nothing on you. 

7 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Ignore the several studies he's cited that prove it, but whatever you say. Well respected nephrologist who has reversed numerous diseases and obesity has nothing on you. 

He has nothing on the 99% of nutritionists and doctors who would laugh at the notion. 

It is like climate change. The fact that a fringe few weirdos don't agree doesn't mean it isn't true. 

This guy is taking advantage of people by selling them what they want to hear. Yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He has nothing on the 99% of nutritionists and doctors who would laugh at the notion. 

It is like climate change. The fact that a fringe few weirdos don't agree doesn't mean it isn't true. 

This guy is taking advantage of people by selling them what they want to hear. Yikes. 

Yet I'm proof that it works. Odd. 

I consume a lot of meat, saturated fat and cholesterol yet all my labs have improved. Makes perfect sense. 

10 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Yet I'm proof that it works. Odd. 

I consume a lot of meat, saturated fat and cholesterol yet all my labs have improved. Makes perfect sense. 

You lost weight because you started eating fewer calories than you spent. That is it, that is all. You found a way to eat less and still be satisfied. It isn't some magic, it is calories in, calories out wrapped in a new presentation for the masses. 

It is an undeniable fact that if you still ate more calories than you spent you would gain weight. End of story. 

Weight loss alone will improve a lot of things in your blood work, which is good. 

The bad news? Heart disease, stroke, colon cancer, prostate cancer, etc etc etc. 

Im fully aware of calories in, calories out. Believe in it 100%

IF helps me lose weight faster  helps me keep me in a deficit    Throw in keto, my body is burning fat when im not eating  

the health benifits are big    Mainly with extended fasts    Learned all about it in the slew of classes from anatomy and phys to pathophys to nutrition   

I have a B of Science degree to prove it

43 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

"We were told fewer calories in and more calories out and we would lose weight. Well, it didn't work so it must not be true"

wow. 

just, wow. 

Numerous studies prove it. As a whole we are eating less and exercising more but keep getting fatter. I eat more calories than before and I'm way down on weight. Watch Tom Naughton's Fat Head on YouTube where he takes apart Morgan Spulock's phony claims in Super Size me. Read Keto Clarity, Read The Obesity Code, watch videos by Dr. Eric Westman of Duke University who is reversing diabetes and other disease with LCHF diet. You won't, of course, and that's fine. I'm more than confident in the extensive research I've done. Again, I'm proof it works. My chiropractor in Concord is proof is works. There are thousand and thousands of people on Facebook that will tell you it works. If you open your eyes and accept every form of data available then you'll know it works and it's safe. 

38 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You lost weight because you started eating fewer calories than you spent. That is it, that is all. You found a way to eat less and still be satisfied. It isn't some magic, it is calories in, calories out wrapped in a new presentation for the masses. 

It is an undeniable fact that if you still ate more calories than you spent you would gain weight. End of story. 

Weight loss alone will improve a lot of things in your blood work, which is good. 

The bad news? Heart disease, stroke, colon cancer, prostate cancer, etc etc etc. 

Not even remotely true, but whatever. I eat more calories, than I did before fasting, and it comes from saturated fats and moderate protein. I don't even care about my caloric intake, have never counted calories and yet still...

Again, I'm living it and there's nothing you can say to convince me because I have multiple sources of data, or all types, that show it works and it's safe. 

Archived