• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth: Gary Barnidge Will Not Be Returning To Carolina

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

The "what if the starter gets hurt argument" could be made for every position on the field.  The fact is the current NFL salary cap system doesn't really afford teams the luxury of spending substantial cap space on b

That's why you draft one so that the cost is low.  with this year's class, it should have been a priority.  Gettleman is always playing catch up on no brainer issues.

9 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

If Greg Olsen goes down that may just end our season. Ed "The GOAT" Dickson it is people.

Let's see what happens with all the other weapons we added on offense first. Maybe Shula will surprise us. Yeah, I said it haha 

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Let's see what happens with all the other weapons we added on offense first. Maybe Shula will surprise us. Yeah, I said it haha 

Oh I have no issues with that. My issue is the team continuing to keep Ed Dickson on, and crossing their fingers that Olsen stays healthy. Last I seen anyone write anything about Ed Dickson online it was talking about how he ranks as one of the worst players in the entire league. Surely we can do better there.

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Oh I have no issues with that. My issue is the team continuing to keep Ed Dickson on, and crossing their fingers that Olsen stays healthy. Last I seen anyone write anything about Ed Dickson online it was talking about how he ranks as one of the worst players in the entire league. Surely we can do better there.

Id be interested to hear the exact reason for why barnidge isn't an option, but I doubt that will happen. I'd like to know if it was him or us that made the decision

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Id be interested to hear the exact reason for why barnidge isn't an option, but I doubt that will happen. I'd like to know if it was him or us that made the decision

Probably him. He might want to go to a new destination more than returning here.

2 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

LOL or just get a better TE opposite of Greg Olsen. Anybody will do.

Just saying that if Cam goes out were screwed more. We have possibilities on offense outside of Greg. Without Newton not so much.

2 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

That's why you draft one so that the cost is low.  with this year's class, it should have been a priority.  Gettleman is always playing catch up on no brainer issues.

I was hoping we drafted one also but it's not that the other positions were not areas of need also, at least in the first 4 rounds.  If we would have drafted a TE instead of a DE or WR people would be complaining about us not drafting one of those.

15 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I was hoping we drafted one also but it's not that the other positions were not areas of need also, at least in the first 4 rounds.  If we would have drafted a TE instead of a DE or WR people would be complaining about us not drafting one of those.

You're right. There's always someone that won't be happy. Just based off who we got, we had a great draft. We addressed a ton of needs, but can't address them all. 

3 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

We have Anderson which is better than Dickson backing up Olsen. Just a very weak spot in terms of depth.

But we have multiple other offensive 0layers at different positions. There is only one QB.

Of course you will suffer losing the best TE in the league. 

Archived