• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential or Production

B_Eazi

With final roster cuts looming and so many final roster projections being speculated. If you were the GM would you prefer a player with the potential to be great or would you prefer a player that can come in and play immediately?? Do you choose upside or stability??

1 hour ago, B_Eazi said:

With final roster cuts looming and so many final roster projections being speculated. If you were the GM would you prefer a player with the potential to be great or would you prefer a player that can come in and play immediately?? Do you choose upside or stability??

Depends on the player, the position, and what I deemed our needs were at the time, and whether or not I seriously thought we were immediately pushing for a championship.

3 hours ago, B_Eazi said:

depends really on how each position looks.  

Take DBs, we have young guys projected on the outside..so in general I would lean toward stability.

Take DEs, we got some old guys like CJ and Pep...so when it comes down to maybe that last DE spot I would lean toward the guy with the biggest potential upside to stay. 

@Igor1 dude you are definitely overreacting, Worley is a solid #2 that needs safety help over top due to lack of top end speed.

Panthers should leave Bradberry on Island and roll safety help to Worley for the deep routes.

Its better to let him play more press/man coverage where he can use his physicality. He should have no problem covering the underneath and intermediate routes. 

Archived