• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to pull for Wk5

sharkkiller

Since it is already the 2nd quarter of the season, I think it is time to revive the who to pull for thread.

Patriots vs Buccaneers - Obviously pull for NE over a division rival

Bill vs Bengals - AFC match-up, but a Bills win helps our strength of schedule, so Go Bills!!

Jets vs Browns - This is the WGAF match-up of the week. But we play the Jets, so strength of schedule again. Go Jets.

Panthers vs Lions - GO PANTHERS!!!

49ers vs Colts - Another who cares, but since we beat the 49ers, strength of schedule wins out over the record of a bottom feeder AFC team.

Titans vs Dolphins - Pull for the Dolphins, but again just because we play them later in the season.

Chargers vs Giants - AFC over NFC, although Giants probably will not factor into home field. But Go team with no home field!!!

Cardinals vs Eagles - Panthers play the Eagles next week, so go Cardinals!!!

Jaguars vs Steelers - AFC match-up, don't play either team...so it makes no difference.

Ravens vs Raiders - AFC match-up, don't play either team...so it makes no difference.

Seahawks vs Rams - NFC matchup, but we don't play either team. Seahawks win would be better for home field at this point, so *cough cough* go Seahawks.

Packers vs Cowboys - Tough call. We play the Packers, so a win for them helps strength of schedule, but a win for the Cowboys helps home field later. I say Go Packers. As long as we beat them later in the season, it will help with tiebreakers should we need it.

Cheifs vs Texans - AFC match-up, don't play either team...so it makes no difference.

Vikings vs Bears - We play both of them, but I think the Vikings will be the better team once Bradford gets healthy, so pull for the Bears and their rookie QB.

And yes, I know it is early in the season to worry about Home field, and the negative Nancies will be out in full force saying we suck and it doesn't matter who wins. But since we are in 1st place in the division at this point, and are in the running for Home field, I figured it would be a fun endeavor to start these threads.

Go ahead and flame away.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, sharkkiller said:

Seahawks vs Rams - NFC matchup, but we don't play either team. Seahawks win would be better for home field at this point, so *cough cough* go Seahawks.

FUUUUUUUUUCK that poo homie, if we don't win the south but make the play-offs we would likely be the wild card and the 5 seed. It is seeming as if the NFCW will be the weakest NFC division so the winner of it will be the 4 seed. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I WANT OUR FIRST PLAY-OFF GAME TO BE @ SEATTLE.

Go rams.

22 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

FUUUUUUUUUCK that poo homie, if we don't win the south but make the play-offs we would likely be the wild card and the 5 seed. It is seeming as if the NFCW will be the weakest NFC division so the winner of it will be the 4 seed. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I WANT OUR FIRST PLAY-OFF GAME TO BE @ SEATTLE.

Go rams.

Valid points. But I think that the Rams will win the West, and the Seahawks will miss the playoffs.

7 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

Valid points. But I think that the Rams will win the West, and the Seahawks will miss the playoffs.

Yeah, I think the Seahawks will have a tough time getting in as well.  The Rams should win that division (tomorrow's game means a lot) and the wild cards come from the NFC South and North.

I agree with you for most part but there are few ones i have different logic for.

Cardinals vs Eagles - id rather eagles win and be overconfident and we are underdogs. Gives cam another reason to attack when every analyst picks the eagles next week. Plus philly and dallas will be fighting for their division and that will later determine a WC spot. Id rather play philly then cowboys where accidents can happen with refs 

Seahawks vs Rams - I would much rather play in the playoffs rams in la with no attendance then seattle where it will be so loud our oline wont be able to hear calls and they already can be shaky.

Packers vs Cowboys - im torn because i really like when cowboys lose but also if green bay loses now they can be a non threat later. I say this because GB relies not just on offense but heavily on rodgers. So i feel their confidence can be low especially if detroit wins division. i guess in the end root for GB and just take care of our business.

Also want to say that while the AFC may not matter as much now down the road it will as different teams will be vying for WC and Division spots and will need to win games against a team we play or an NFC team. So its not in a vacuum wins from week 5-11 imo might be the most important ones besides maybe a strong start.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:44 PM, sharkkiller said:

Cardinals vs Eagles - Panthers play the Eagles next week, so go Cardinals!!!

This is the only one that confuses me a bit. 

An Eagles win helps our strength of schedule when we beat them next week. 

But obviously they are currently an NFC threat, so an Eagles loss is good...

Which Eagles result will help us more in getting the Thurs night win on a short week...? 

Yeah, gotta root for an Eagles loss I think.

Archived