• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video games are dead *rant*

Toolbox

48 minutes ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

Monster Hunter was really fun on the 3ds when i played it. Esp with a friend. 

So does the progression system in SWBF2 break the game? 

Lowering hero cost helps, but I think they will lower other stuff as well.   

I've read full reviews of people that have played 30-40 hours and it's still a very good game.    The actual gameplay is great and progression with infantry isn't too bad with mtx, apparently you can get a bigger boost with the aerial stuff if you pay for mtx, at least early on.     Single player I heard is OK too for a nice little Star Wars campaign.     EA has changed a lot of stuff since the outcry so I hope they will continue to tweak things.    Don't let the mtx overshadow the fact that it's apparently a good game.     People are saying that if you liked BF1 you'll love this because it's way more deep.

Here's a good breakdown of the time it takes to progress in the game (it's actually worse than I had thought)

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

You can only get level 4 cards by upgrading level 3 cards, level 4 no longer drop from loot crates (this was EA's response to people complaining about pay-to-win). You need 460 crafting parts for that, which take, on average, 24.7 hours to grind. And the credits you receive from playing are based on the time of the match, not how well you did, so a good player will take just as long to grind these things as a bad one.

There's probably about 20 cards or so for each class, but just to max out your favorite 3 for your loadout you're looking at 74.1 hours.

So let's say you play the game for awhile, decide you like playing 2 certain classes the most, along with one 2nd tier, one vehicle and one hero you will also be playing as. You're looking at 370.5 hours to max 3 cards for who you're going to be playing, and this is after picking a very limited number of both characters to play and cards to use. If you were to try to max everything in the game you're talking 10,000+ hours.

And these are just the cards released at launch. I'm sure every new DLC will release more (and they'll probably be upgrades over the current ones) that you'll have to grind even more for.

Also, it takes you 2 and a half hours (again, on average) just to get a single trooper loot crate. And more often than not crates will drop useless junk that you don't want. If you're a casual player than only plays a couple hours here and there then you're going to be running around with crappy low-level equipment pretty much the entire time you own/play the game.

53 minutes ago, iamcline said:

I know that people keep saying they lowered Hero costs but didn't they also lower the amount of rewards you earn? lol

I don't think so and there will plenty of heroes you can play without paying to unlock them, so even after they lower the cost on vader/skywalker from 40-60k down to 10k it still might not be worth it to unlock them. Probably better to save those credits for loot crates to get cards & crafting parts and just use the free unlocked heroes.

BTW I played the beta and progression felt EXTREMELY slow. I played for about 10-12 hours and unlocked basically nothing. One loot crate every 2.5 hours (that usually gives you garbage) and no way to speed up progression without spending real money.

Yeah they lowered the one time credits you get for finishing campaign from 20k to 5k (it was always the cost of buying the main character, now that she's 5k, they lowered it).

If EA has responded so far, we as gamers need to keep complaining so they make more changes.  

OK, I was just referring to the multiplayer, I haven't looked much at the single player campaign. So far as I can tell they haven't changed rewards in the multiplayer.

Honestly, the changes EA has made so far are all window dressing. Progression is still extremely slow and grindy to tempt people into purchasing loot crates with real money. I'd be extremely shocked if anything is changed in that regard.

5 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

That's how all credits are awarded, it's by the length of the match. It's basically, you get X credits for each minute played.

Doesn't matter if you get 0 kills in the match or 50 kills you earn the same credits.

No I wish I could find the thread on what i'm trying to say but it was saying that one of the modes you could only earn so much credits over a time period and if you exceeded this time period you couldn't earn anymore credits until the timer is up.. it said something like having to wait 15m for the timer to expire before you could earn credits again.

Just now, Burnout189 said:

I think regardless I'll wait for it to go on sale before possibly picking it up. Plus, I've got way too many other games on my Switch right now that I'm trying to get through. 

Yeah me too I got way too much to play through.. I just want games to stay pure and not be riddled with MT/lootcrates because that instantly kills any excitement for a game I might otherwise would have.

Archived