• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2013: Year 2 For A Young Cornerback - Reaction Thread Highlights

Saca312

according to the Huddle, if you aren't pro bowl quality by 6 games into your 2nd year you might as well be a bust. 

guys at the bottom of PFF rankings arent doomed to remain there for the rest of their careers either. landon collins was near the bottom of PFF rankings his rookie year and became a 1st team All Pro last year.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

according to the Huddle, if you aren't pro bowl quality by 6 games into your 2nd year you might as well be a bust. 

guys at the bottom of PFF rankings arent doomed to remain there for the rest of their careers either. landon collins was near the bottom of PFF rankings his rookie year and became a 1st team All Pro last year.

You just said the Huddle thinks if you aren't Pro Bowl quality by 6 games into your 2nd year you might as well be a bust.  

Then brought up a guy that became Pro Bowl quality in his first six games in his second year.  WOW.  

Worley looks stiff and slow out there, but he hits pretty hard. I like his tackling. He looks like a low level zone CB, or maybe try him at safety. He's not going to suddenly gain speed, fluidity, and agility. You have that or you don't. He doesn't, but in a zone with a good pass rush you can highlight his hitting and tackling after the catch.

24 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

You just said the Huddle thinks if you aren't Pro Bowl quality by 6 games into your 2nd year you might as well be a bust.  

Then brought up a guy that became Pro Bowl quality in his first six games in his second year.  WOW.  

Lolololol AND THEN he mentions a player that Gettleman should've drafted, but opted for another DT who to this day has been a healthy scratch off at least 2x so far in his professional career.

2 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

2 separate points.

1. If you aren't playing like a veteran at a position by your 2nd season the Huddle melts down. Look how many people wanted to trade Funchess for like a 6th round pick before the season even started.

2. You posted that because of his PFF score (which isn't even a great measure to go by anyway) he is terrible. My point is its not like he's a bust just because one year he's low in the PFF rankings, as evidenced by Collins going from bottom-tier safety by PFF standards to a consensus All-Pro. Worley is the same age Collins was when he was ranked one of the worst safeties in the league. 

2 hours ago, rico6 said:

Lolololol AND THEN he mentions a player that Gettleman should've drafted, but opted for another DT who to this day has been a healthy scratch off at least 2x so far in his professional career.

These same Huddlers would have been clamoring for us to cut ties with Collins and calling him a bust after his horrible rookie season. Probably would have been 5 threads about some other guy we should have drafted instead of Collins by week 6.

9 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

97th best Corner according to PFF.  Yes, he is as bad as everyone is acting.  

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/daryl-worley/10711

This is the same site that is calling Peppers... average:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/julius-peppers/1010

You'll pardon me if I take their rankings and grades with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

2 separate points.

1. If you aren't playing like a veteran at a position by your 2nd season the Huddle melts down. Look how many people wanted to trade Funchess for like a 6th round pick before the season even started.

2. You posted that because of his PFF score (which isn't even a great measure to go by anyway) he is terrible. My point is its not like he's a bust just because one year he's low in the PFF rankings, as evidenced by Collins going from bottom-tier safety by PFF standards to a consensus All-Pro. Worley is the same age Collins was when he was ranked one of the worst safeties in the league. 

Yeah, but Worley has shown zero progress from his Rookie season until now.  He's gotten worse, and looks worse.  

11 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

What it boils down to is, people dont like to admit when they're wrong.  So, people who were claiming Worley is going to develop into a great player are now trying to make a comparison to Josh Norman.  Lol...  if you wanted Josh, you should've asked demigod Gettleman to not screw the pooch on that one and we would still have Josh to pair with a budding Bradberry.

Worley is not anywhere near the player Norman was or is.  Nor will he ever be.  Could he develop into a serviceable player?  Possibly, but he isnt a starter and I dont foresee him being much more than he is now.  If you want a more accurate comparison to a former Panther, I think somewhere along the lines of Melvin White is more accurate.

Josh didnt play early because he lacked discipline, not skill or ability.  He wasn't getting burned repeatedly by blocking TEs.  He wasnt targeted by every opposing QB.  In fact, there is a lot of revisionist history going on in defense of Worley...  IIRC, Josh led the preseason 2 years in a row in INTs/Forced Turnovers before he earned his way out of Rivera's dog house.  Going back to that Bills game in which he gave up that final TD, I cant remember who it was, but a vet signaled to him where to go right before the play and Josh elsewhere trying to get a pick.  His issue wasnt that he couldnt play...  he freelanced and didnt listen, and thats why he got benched and had to dig his way out of that hole.

Worley does not have Norman's ballskills or ability.  Point blank, period.  And for those saying, "well, he's good in run support."  Josh was better there as well, as he would flat lay someone out.  There is no comparison.  Worley is getting picked on every week because he's not good.  Josh put himself on the bench trying to do more than he was supposed to, but his maturation allowed him to harness his ability in a less reckless manner.  Very different situations.

I'm still waiting for Russel Sheppard to become a reliable and speedy slot receiver that's supposed to be a great weapon for Cam to use as I was told before.

Don't worry @Saca312 Ive got your back. I believe the same as you and definitely believe Worley is going to end up pretty good in the end. Part of the reason he is failing is defensive scheme coupled with the revolving door at safety behind him. He has quite a but of potential and hope he takes his benching more as a challenge than a throw the white flag type of situation.

Also with the way this place goes had we of kept Norman Id be willing to bet you would be seeing these same posts about Bradbury if the roles had been reversed.

Just look at Funchess and CMC. The huddle loves to trash it's own players as soon as the opportunity rises.

Archived