• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After the 4th down conversion that Cam demanded at 4:46 in the 3rd quarter

tiger7_88

The 4th down conversion that Cam ACHIEVED, I might add, the Panther's had 3 additional offensive possessions (not counting the final possession to run out the clock).

In those 3 offensive possessions, the Panther's offense ran 16 plays for 39 total yards.

In those 16 plays, 6 of those plays were 1st down plays.  

Of those 6 1st down plays, ALL of them were runs.

So, with almost 20 minutes left in the game and holding a 10 point lead, Rivera and Shula chose to SHUT IT DOWN.

Again.

Yeah it's garbage, let them play to the end,  put the killer instinct in there. You don't shut down to protect the little 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter,.. 

i swear even after Seattle almost caught up when we blew them out in the playoffs, blew them out only to go soft and let them almost catch up,... we still do it.

even at the very end,.. run the score up and break their spine,.. Pete Carroll would and that's why they go win superbowls,.. Belicheck would and that's why they keep doing it. 

I'm one of the least emotionally demonstrative people that you'll ever meet, but when we needed to get a first down to help secure the game and the second down playcall was to run up the middle with Stewart, I pounded my fist on my coffee table and said something... impolite.

Thank God the defense stepped up. 

Archived