• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

X-Men / Avengers Crossovers Now Possible?

twylyght

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Isn't that the story with the Beyonder, Molecule Man and when Spidey gets the black suit? That was extraordinarily dumb. It was just an excuse to have everyone in one comic. Didn't matter that the Beyonder was just the ex Machina for the writers to make it go however they wanted without needing to make sense. I hope they do not do this.

As for the crossover idea and the Xmen story not being about opression...the entire premise of the Xmen story is opression and mutant rights etc. It's the foundation of what they're about. Arguably it's what made them more interesting than the Avengers.

I bet if you ask people, their favorite part of Civil War was the friend on friend battle. No matter what the Beyonder is really meant to be, having all the stars battle one another would mean box office bucks. Not to mention, we've never seen a power like the Beyonder. It'd be refreshing to see someone who the good guys have zero chance of defeating.

22 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

I bet if you ask people, their favorite part of Civil War was the friend on friend battle. No matter what the Beyonder is really meant to be, having all the stars battle one another would mean box office bucks. Not to mention, we've never seen a power like the Beyonder. It'd be refreshing to see someone who the good guys have zero chance of defeating.

Agree to disagree. I would not want to see the Beyonder. Having a villain that cannot be defeated, for me, removes all sense of tension and/or drama. I suppose they could do it in a way that is less lazy rather than more but I wouldn't look forward to it. But that's me.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:53 AM, PandaPancake said:

I can because the X-Men have always kept to themselves. Move to Genosha or that asteroid in orbit. They do live in secret

I just want a good take on Doctor Doom.    Also now we can get Galactus.    Also Silver Surfer maybe in Infinity War 2?

On 12/5/2017 at 11:42 AM, Moorgan said:

Agree to disagree. I would not want to see the Beyonder. Having a villain that cannot be defeated, for me, removes all sense of tension and/or drama. I suppose they could do it in a way that is less lazy rather than more but I wouldn't look forward to it. But that's me.

Exactly why I don’t like Superman. Secret wars was neat, but I agree with you, it was silly. Secret Wars 2 was a lot more enjoyable. Avengers v x-men would make for a good movie, but with Civil War, it’s pointless to do it. Cyclops v cap would be sick. They really should be in infinity war but I doubt they don’t make it until after infinity war part 2. 

You are right, the best part about x-men is their oppression. Especially when House of M happened and there were only a couple hundred left. Each issue was just as tense as the last bc there were the last of a dying race so to speak. Just please, get cyclops right.

from what i've heard/read... 21st century fox will remain it's own branch of disney, which makes sense.  if disney takes the reigns of all of these properties, but still runs the show full time, we'll get a much smaller amount of movies per year.  if the movies are all better for it, i'm not totally against less movies, but that would be where a lot of concern over the merger comes from

now... for how i'd like to see this play out: allow fox to continue with their current x-men plans... they've finally got something going and it's going right.  parts of the main x-men franchise are starting to find their way.  the young team is pretty great and was what really worked in apocalypse and it seems like that's what they're going to be focusing on with the next movie and dark phoenix.  logan and deadpool were obviously major successes... so keep going down that road.  deadpool 2 sounds fantastic so far, new mutants as a legit horror trilogy also sounds amazing

now, as far as merging everything into the MCU... make teases, possibly even bring hugh jackman back as old man logan (he's been quoted as wanting to play in the avengers world from the very beginning... although he's recently said he doubts it happens with him :( but money talks, even to hugh jackman).  you can pop him into the universe right away and leave the questions dangling for a while, because basically the same thing happened in the comics (although i'm not reading regularly at the moment, i try to keep up with the story lines... so some of this speculation may be a little off).  allow hugh jackman to play the confused role for a while, still having memories of all of the other x-men stories, while figuring out what's going on in this 'new' world.  gives him a small story-line to run with in MCU films and then once fox has run through their current line of films and ideas, go with the secret wars (i think) story line that just happened in the comics that merged all of the marvel universes together.  this way they can either bring along some of the current fox story lines and character/actor combos, or wipe the slate clean and re-introduce the x-men as a wholly new entity that's just emerged in the MCU

as for fantastic four, that may happen a lot sooner... i think the MCU has actually had those rights back for a while now and have been holding off on doing anything with them because i think phase 4 will actually use a lot of that family of characters going forward.  i wouldn't be surprised if we got a small intro to reed richards (or the entire family) at some point in avengers 4 and see galactus as the next big bad built over the course of a few movies like thanos was

i actually heard another nerd pitch last week that i loved... since the MCU is starting to dabble more in telling stories that are not current (ms. marvel in the 90's, plus the original cap move), do the same thing with FF.  tell their origin story, but place it in the 60's, go super-Kirby like the original run and thor: ragnarok just was and have them end up in the negative zone, causing nobody to really remember their existence.  then, something happens in avengers 4 where the negative zone and them are found and brought back to normal time and space.  since the MCU likes to merge ideas/characters/stories... just make the negative zone the same place that ant-man travels to and will eventually find the original wasp

/nerd boy rant

itshappening.gif

No idea how they will merge a bunch of mutants like X-Men into the Avengers world, where the word "mutant" hasn't existed due to legal reasons up until now. I would be fine with a total reset of the X-Men characters. Some of them are fine, Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Prof. X are great, but Sophie Turner as Jean Gray is horrible. She's such a bad actress the new Dark Phoenix movie is cringe city. Apocalypse was pretty awful down the stretch.

What a time to be alive for movie fans though.

Archived