• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what was done differently on offense today?

pstall

he is a pure drop back passer.. but even when he is in shotgun jordan gross needs to step it up a bit.

Jordan Gross was sickening to watch at times...

I don't know how anyone talks about improving our team without mentioning the OLine first and foremost.. I'm baffled at how they have done a 180 compared to last year.

We were dedicated to the run, obviously...

I have a sneaking suspicion we didn't win this game by doing anything different, but that we faced a team that couldn't finish.

basically

the redskins got 2 gift TD's but lost their best player on offense and on their OL in chris samuels on the skins 2nd offensive play. his replacement Batiste was trash,and gave up easy pressure along with no push in the ground game. no offense against brown or peppers but samuels probably would have controlled whatever panther put in front of him.He's having his normal great year.When samuels went down they also lost chris cooley because he then had to stay in and block because batiste is just a body out there.

he is a pure drop back passer.. but even when he is in shotgun jordan gross needs to step it up a bit.

Jordan Gross was sickening to watch at times...

I don't know how anyone talks about improving our team without mentioning the OLine first and foremost.. I'm baffled at how they have done a 180 compared to last year.

But also look at how long he held onto the ball... it go hand and hand

These d-line men nowadays is as fast as running backs. And he drop back too slow. You gotta be fast with in this day and age

I saw two things today that I haven't seen forever, in fact, I never, EVER saw one of them! The first one was a pass on SECOND down after a first down incompletion. It happened when Jake tried to fire down the line to Moose (the commentators refer to it as a 'smoke play') and the ball was batted away by the 'Skins DE. Jake then completed one over the middle on second down!

But what REALLY stunned me was Jake's bootleg to get the first down that allowed for running out the clock! I'm ill today, and was unable to make the drive to Charlotte for this one. But I was SCREAMING at my TV for Jake to do that very thing when we tried to run the ball 4 straight times in the middle when we were stopped at the goal line early on. Jake can get 2 to 3 TDs a year if he tried that, the good ol' 'naked bootleg' around either end! He showed some real toughness too, shaking off the tackler and getting the last 3 yards or so entirely on his own. Surprise is a wonderful thing, we should look into it more often!

Archived