• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justice League

Cary Kollins

Reviews are starting to roll in for WB's Justice League.

So far, they seem to be pretty positive overall. Most are saying the film is funny and a blast, despite a weak villain and other normal issues that plague many comic book movies.

One reviewer said, "it has the crisp look of a Zach Snyder film, with the wit and humor of a Joss Whedon film". That is great to hear, as Snyder generally has a fantastic aesthetic, but his dialogue and grim outlook leaves a lot to be desired in a superhero story.

JL opens Thursday night.

From all the trailers and teasers and everything out there I’m not expecting it be to good or the level a live action justice league movie could be. The over used cgi is really throwing me off idk. We will see but dcs track record hasn’t been good. 

This is will definitely crush at the box office though

I like anything Sci-Fi...there's a lot of hot garbage out there but I watch it anyway.  Take the Iron Fist for example...hot smothering garbage...watched it twice.  It beats the hell out whatever other ridiculous shows that Netflix seems to be pumping out at a record pace.  

16 hours ago, SOJA said:

I just can't wait till Snyder is no longer associated with these movies. Praying Justice League does well enough for DC not to nuke the whole process. 

Every single DCEU movie they’ve released has crushed in the box office and besides Wonder Woman faced terrible critical reviews. 

I dont expect JL to be much different. Critics and most audiences will hate it but will have already paid to see it. 

Maybe Aquaman will be good, the The Flash “FlashPoint” movie could be good but DCEU just failed really hard at developing their cinematic universe. Marvel built t slow and meticulous. DC haphazardly threw it together by using BvS as the launch point and it made the movie overall suffer. Same with Suicide Squad

The sooner WB gets away from Snyder's idiotic approach the better off they'll be, and they know that.

Sounds like Whedon at least made JL fun. There's a story out where Whedon "favorited" a tweet saying the JL villain is the worst in comic movie history lol.

WB has a very solid slate of directors lined up for their future films. It's just too bad Snyder fugged up the beginning so bad, but yeah it was uber rushed in an attempt to ride Marvel's Avenger wave.

I'm still going to see JL too, maybe tonight if  possible, but my expectations will be managed.

Archived