• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Altered Carbon

Harbingers

I cant wait for this.

I pimped the book hard in the "Looking for a SciFi bbok" thread in the  previous nerdvana.

Im digging the fact that they seem to be holding to the original story line and Kinnaman is a great actor.

I hope they take a couple of seasons to explore the plot line of Altered Carbon and then use subsequent seasons to dig into the Takeshi Kovacs saga.

/hardon

Probably the best Cyberpunk after Neuromancer and thats putting Snow Crash a solid third

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Binged it this weekend.

Some changes from the book but nothing that made it unwatchable.  Not as awesome as I had hoped for but a very good series.

Bout halfway done, Only thing I don’t like is the use of Envoy, as interchangeable with Quellcrists rebellion figures. Calling them envoys numerous times. Yes, it could be said many of them were actual UN Envoys. But for those that haven’t read the books. Will be pretty confusing if they reach Woken Furies.

11 minutes ago, Cold Cat said:

Knowing nothing about this before watching the first episode I have to say I like it.  Now i'm going to have to do some digging.  Maybe I should wait until I've watched the season.

Ya, if you don’t want it ruined watch the show first, then back it up with the books. 

Personally, I feel the show twists some of the best things about the books and the general message, to account for budget and episode time constraints. 

But so far if I didn’t know the background, I love the show. Anything true noir and sci-fi will always have my heart. 

My biggest problem with the show is they are leaving so much of the true factual theoretical probably out and using it as character devices. These books were written in cold hard violence, human probably and science. I think besides the few glaring facts. That’s why I can run the line and enjoy the show as the entity it is.

6 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Bout halfway done, Only thing I don’t like is the use of Envoy, as interchangeable with Quellcrists rebellion figures. Calling them envoys numerous times. Yes, it could be said many of them were actual UN Envoys. But for those that haven’t read the books. Will be pretty confusing if they reach Woken Furies.

I totally get what you're driving at with the Envoys and the future novels.  No Spoilers but my guess based on having seen the whole thing is that they are going to go in a different direction.  The whole premise of the novels allows for a host of storylines that could fill out the Takeshi Kovacs character.

If I was placing bets it would be that Broken Angels and Woken Furies will not be part of the series but that it will detail other adventures of Mr Kovacs

1 hour ago, Inimicus said:

I totally get what you're driving at with the Envoys and the future novels.  No Spoilers but my guess based on having seen the whole thing is that they are going to go in a different direction.  The whole premise of the novels allows for a host of storylines that could fill out the Takeshi Kovacs character.

If I was placing bets it would be that Broken Angels and Woken Furies will not be part of the series but that it will detail other adventures of Mr Kovacs

I agree. I’m only on 7 right now. However I do know what happens. The other thing is Quell creating the technology. Which in my opinion detracts a ton from her character. It will be really hard to integrate broken angels. At this point. I thought Altered Carbon would last at least two seasons. 

I just realized something, it took me a minute to figure out. If they come back with season two it will be broken angels. 

As the trailing lights design at the end of the episode have something to do with the next episode. The one from 10 was basically Quell as an angel. 

Archived