• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do we root for thursday night?

usmcpanthers

7 hours ago, Nails said:

This conservative franchise needed Atlanta to sweep (upset, mind you) New Orleans in 2014...and got exactly that.

Man I love the homerism - I, myself, am also a huge homer. I'm not arguing if it can happen, I'm just saying based on what I've seen from the Saints it is highly unlikely they're going to lose two games with the opponents they have remaining and it's also highly unlikely the Panthers are going to win out facing the teams that they are. People keep saying if they lose then we're tied, but that's not the case - they have a two game cushion on us with four left. I also think people think we're a shoe-in for a playoff spot, and that's FAR from true. That's why I would rather have more separation from other WC teams. God forbid we have to win in ATL week 17 to secure our spot. You trust this team to win IN ATL to lock in their spot? This will be my 10th year in a row going to the game in ATL. Guess how many of those previous nine we've won? It's ain't pretty. 

43 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

That's why I would rather have more separation from other WC teams. God forbid we have to win in ATL week 17 to secure our spot. You trust this team to win IN ATL to lock in their spot? This will be my 10th year in a row going to the game in ATL. Guess how many of those previous nine we've won? It's ain't pretty. 

Yeah I agree. The Panthers have had 2 opportunities to make their case for being contenders, home against the Eagles for #1 seed in NFC and on the road against the Saints for outright divison lead. They lost both and its the way they lost; self-inflected penalties and turnovers. I'm leaning towards the Saints winning because this team has shown so far they can't rise to the occasion. 

41 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Man I love the homerism - I, myself, am also a huge homer. I'm not arguing if it can happen, I'm just saying based on what I've seen from the Saints it is highly unlikely they're going to lose two games with the opponents they have remaining and it's also highly unlikely the Panthers are going to win out facing the teams that they are. People keep saying if they lose then we're tied, but that's not the case - they have a two game cushion on us with four left. I also think people think we're a shoe-in for a playoff spot, and that's FAR from true. That's why I would rather have more separation from other WC teams. God forbid we have to win in ATL week 17 to secure our spot. You trust this team to win IN ATL to lock in their spot? This will be my 10th year in a row going to the game in ATL. Guess how many of those previous nine we've won? It's ain't pretty. 

But you/we should hope for it because no team has EVER won three straight road playoff games and the Super Bowl AFTER having a week 17 road game.  You don’t sound confident this team could be the first.  If that’s our only way, that’s our only way, but right now there’s another way-a way with better odds to deliver this franchise it’s first title, the only thing that matters at this point.

9 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Yeah I agree. The Panthers have had 2 opportunities to make their case for being contenders, home against the Eagles for #1 seed in NFC and on the road against the Saints for outright divison lead. They lost both and its the way they lost; self-inflected penalties and turnovers. I'm leaning towards the Saints winning because this team has shown so far they can't rise to the occasion. 

If we truly can’t rise to the occasion then there are scenarios in the tankathon which if we lose out put us in the top half instead of the bottom half of the first round.  http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

9 minutes ago, Nails said:

If we truly can’t rise to the occasion then there are scenarios in the tankathon which if we lose out put us in the top half instead of the bottom half of the first round.  http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I still have hope for the Vikings game. I felt that the Panthers needed to win 1 of these 3 games to make the playoffs: at Saints, home Vikings, at Falcons. IMO, they have 2 more shots.

16 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

What about the Packers?

How concerned are you really against them? No guarantee Rodgers is back and even if he is he certainly won't be at full strength after a long layoff. It's at home and even with Rodgers the rest of that Packers team is terrible.

Not saying it's an easy game or a gimme but I wouldn't put it on the same level as Vikings and Falcons games.

9 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

How concerned are you really against them? No guarantee Rodgers is back and even if he is he certainly won't be at full strength after a long layoff. It's at home and even with Rodgers the rest of that Packers team is terrible.

Not saying it's an easy game or a gimme but I wouldn't put it on the same level as Vikings and Falcons games.

When the Panthers have to go 3-1 in their final four games to guarantee the playoffs then I am concerned about every game. 

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

When the Panthers have to go 3-1 in their final four games to guarantee the playoffs then I am concerned about every game. 

I'm not disagreeing, just think Vikings and Falcons games will be significantly more difficult to win than the Packers, and then Bucs as the easiest.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

I'm not disagreeing, just think Vikings and Falcons games will be significantly more difficult to win than the Packers, and then Bucs as the easiest.

I wouldn't put it past this team to lost to the Bucs at home. This team can't get out of its own way

10 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Sure. So let's have the Saints beat the Falcons twice so that they're not playing for a playoff spot in week 17. Just another reason to cheer for the Saints tomorrow. 

Archived