• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do we root for thursday night?

usmcpanthers

Aints or Failcons?

I for one believe the division door is slammed shut, but many think we have a chance. I say we root for the aints to give us some breathing room from atl on the #6 seed.

aints remaining schedule

@atl

home vs jets

home vs atl

@bucs

I see them 12-4, guessing a split with atl

failcons remaining schedule

home vs saints

@bucs

@saints

home vs panthers

Atl will most likely be 10-6, or 9-7, it depends on us.

panthers remaining schedule

home vs vikings

home vs packers

home vs bucs

@ falcons

This 3x homestand will determine our playoff hopes, which panther team will show up? I see us 11-5 or 10-6

Sea and LA will take 2 playoffs spots with 1 WC, so we are fighting for that 5th/6th seed. GB and the lions could sneak in too, if we poo the bed

To each their own but Falcons for me.  Even if they win we’d still have a game on them for the Wild Card entering Sunday’s action.  Most importantly I don’t want to try and become the first team in league history to have a week 17 road game and still win three straight playoff games on the road and the Super Bowl.  It can be done, but has N E V E R been done to this point.  The Saints lost to the lowly Rams in 2013 and coulda/shoulda lost to the lowly Redskins a few weeks ago.  They can lose at least 2 of their remaining 4, or at least 1 of their remaining 3 after Thursday.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We want New Orleans.

How is this even a question?

Because we’re hoping to go 4-0 (3-1 at worst) over our last 4 and not 2-2/1-3 backing into the 6th seed.  And because limp-dicking into the 6th seed in and of itself would mean nothing but frustration to this franchise at this point.

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

The Saints. 

I prefer to stay realistic with the Panthers chances and winning the Division isn't realistic at this point. 

In 2013 the Saints were 5-0 and the Panthers 1-3.  I remember going berserk because local talk radio was advocating rooting for the Saints against other NFC foes because winning the South simply “wasn’t realistic”-let’s turn our attention to the Wild Card at best everyone said.

1 minute ago, Nails said:

In 2013 the Saints were 5-0 and the Panthers 1-3.  I remember going berserk because local talk radio was advocating rooting for the Saints against other NFC foes because winning the South simply “wasn’t realistic”, let’s turn our attention to the Wild Card at best everyone said.

little different scenario considering there’s only what like 5 games left versus 5 games into the season 

4 minutes ago, mjligon said:

little different scenario considering there’s only what like 5 games left versus 5 games into the season 

25% of the season still must be played.  Falcons win and we win-we’re even Steven!  The Jets, Falcons, and at Tampa are all far more “losable” than that 2013 Saints/Rams game that same Saints regime choked away was.

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

This would be easier to answer if f we played Minnesota Thursday and the saints game was sunday. Cuz if we beat Minnesota, I'd want the falcons to win. But I think there's only a 30% chance we beat the vikings so it's probably best that the saints win 

If we can’t beat the Vikings at home under these circumstances  then how in hell are we going to win 3 straight road playoff games?  Anything is possible but Panther Nation needs to expect a win.  This is still the 2017 Vikings, not the 1998 Vikings-our D needs to feast and we need to win.

3 minutes ago, Nails said:

If we can’t beat the Vikings at home under these circumstances  then how in hell are we going to win 3 straight road playoff games?  Anything is possible but Panther Nation needs to expect a win.  This is still the 2017 Vikings, not the 1998 Vikings-our D needs to feast and we need to win.

The simple answer is that we won't win 3 straight road playoff games

14 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The simple answer is that we won't win 3 straight road playoff games

Don’t disagree but at this point in franchise/regime history it’s ring or bust.  We have to hope for the BEST in the present and re-analyze after the season about how to proceed going forward.

19 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Falcons because I believe the 2 seed is still a chance

I think we need to see what happens against the Vikings before we root for the Falcons over Aints, which makes them playing Thurs. annoying. If we beat the Vikings then I think the division is still within reach, and obviously for that we need to win out with the Aints losing twice. But even if they win Thursday there's still a chance Falcons beat them in the second meeting and either the Jets or Bucs upset them (never sleep on a divisional game and the Jets have been competitive in every game this year and them beating the Aints would not be a surprise).

On the other hand if we lose to the Vikings assuming the Falcons win Thurs, then we're out of the playoffs a that time.

Archived