• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings

lightsout

Forewarning for those who haven't watched, there's gonna be spoilers all up in this thread. I suggest you all watch it because it is great and you can get through the first 3 seasons pretty quick (10 episodes per season for the first three. They then split season 4 into two 10 episode halves, for some reason. Amazon Prime has all 4 seasons already up and available free to Prime subscribers, and History Channel's website has the first three episodes so far of season 5 up now. Not sure how long they stay up though. 

No thread for this show already so here we are. Season 5. A lot has happened. Ivar is someone I both love and am annoyed by. The actor does a great job regardless, it's just the writing for the character. They're trying to make him seem complex and thoughtful but also a pure psychopath. It just doesn't work well all the time, IMO. 

Ubbe is brilliant, as is Bjorn. I'm interested to see how this whole season plays out, particularly for those two.

Anybody else watching? 

2 hours ago, Jangler said:

I've watched from the beginning. Haven't watched any of s5 yet. I guess Ragnar will be a ghost this season....seriously how  has Travis Fimmel not become a star from this? 

Season 5 is going to resemble season 4 with the slow build that has enough action to keep interest but not as much as early seasons did, which is fine with me but some hate it.

Ragnar better not appear a ton. The story of his sons is epic and should be the primary focus. I don't mind Ragnar appearing to Lagertha or Bjorn or one of the other sons via dream sequence, as long as it doesn't happen often. 

Fimmel will have other roles in big productions. He has to. His "I have the last say" speech was amazing, and he was amazing as Ragnar from start to finish. 

42 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I thought I read somewhere that he's one of the richest actors...period. Something about he has a ton of businesses (restaraunts, perfume, clothing, etc). He may just be doing other thing and not want to be a giant movie star. Don't know.

That story was false I believe.

7 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

This show is good. It doesn't hurt that I descend from a lot of the people portrayed in it. This show, GOT, TWD, The Orville, and Stranger Things are my top 5 favorites right now. If you have missed any of them then it is time to binge some episodes.

I watch four of those, although GoT and Vikings are the only ones currently in my top 5.  I use to watch Walking Dead but gave up a year ago or so.

Shameless, The Man in the High Castle, Vikings, Game of Thrones, and Better Call Saul are my top five. 

I actually prefer Westworld, Big Little Lies, and True Detective to several of those but the first to only have one season and the third one is going so long between seasons two and three that it is hard to put them on an active list.

51 minutes ago, Goondal said:

I watch four of those, although GoT and Vikings are the only ones currently in my top 5.  I use to watch Walking Dead but gave up a year ago or so.

Shameless, The Man in the High Castle, Vikings, Game of Thrones, and Better Call Saul are my top five. 

I actually prefer Westworld, Big Little Lies, and True Detective to several of those but the first to only have one season and the third one is going so long between seasons two and three that it is hard to put them on an active list.

Man in the High Castle is incredible as is Westwood. Both in my top 10 for sure along with Blacklist. 

13 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Man in the High Castle is incredible as is Westwood. Both in my top 10 for sure along with Blacklist. 

Blacklist needs to end, it's on the verge of getting cancelled so I bet we get a shorter final season next year or at least the last season.     Spader can only carry a show for so many years lol.     It's been fun though.

There are SOOOOO many great shows right now and in the last 10 years, it's hard to come up with a top list.    

Walking Dead is not even close to that top list though lol.

Man in High Castle season 3 should be great, I loved season 2.  

Archived