• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Look at 2018 WRs - Free Agents

Rags

9 hours ago, over the legal limit said:

Strong draft class. 

Its not just a weak WR fa market. The entire market is whack this offseason

Allen Robinson- 2015 probowler on bad team and terrible QB

Jarvis Landry- x2 probowler

Devante Adams- looking like he will make the pro bowl this year

Sammy Watkins

Terrelle Pryor-(some argued last year he was the top WR in last years FA class)

Eric Decker

Mike Wallace

Mike Wallace

Paul Richardson

Moncrief

Thats a pretty strong class

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

A smart and shifty route runner with good hands is not the worst thing. 

He may not have that burning 40 time

But is still quick and shifty, thus the reason he's been a damn good return man (all-pro PR in 2015)

And a damn good route runner and good hands

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Allen Robinson- 2015 probowler on bad team and terrible QB

Jarvis Landry- x2 probowler

Devante Adams- looking like he will make the pro bowl this year

Sammy Watkins

Terrelle Pryor-(some argued last year he was the top WR in last years FA class)

Eric Decker

Mike Wallace

Mike Wallace

Paul Richardson

Moncrief

Thats a pretty strong class

A healthy Robinson is the only clear cut no1. The rest are 2-3

16 minutes ago, over the legal limit said:

A healthy Robinson is the only clear cut no1. The rest are 2-3

I'd say Devante Adams is up there with Robinson.  His stock has been blowing up lately

Adams has 828 yards receiving and 9 TDs on the season with Hunley at QB sharing the field with Cobb and Nelson in a offense thats ran the ball a lot more without Rodgers this season.

I'd rather have Adams this offseason as well, we still dont know how Robinson will return from his knee injury.  After seeing how KB came back from it, im a little nervous throwing big $$ at a WR coming off a major knee injury 

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

A wr with a career ypc of 10.1? No thanks. We are in need of a true deep threat.

Everyone gets wrapped up in that #

If you watch a lot of the Dolphins youd know why.  They throw a lot of short passes with the occasional deep shot to Stills.

He isnt a a track speed 40 guy.  But his quicks, shiftiness, and route running makes him a deep threat

Again, was a All-Pro PR.    Your not that without the athletic ability to be a good deep WR. 

Find me a un-athletic slow All-Pro punt return guy.

Reguardless, we arent getting him.  He is wanting to get $$$ this year.  My guess is he is a Dolphin, Raven, or 49er next year

I like value,  and the fact of the matter is that Landry,  Robinson and Adams will probably be out of our price range, and Watkins---injury history and all---unless he just doesn't like his situation,  will likely be re-signed by the Rams.  The best value at receiver could possibly be Donte Moncrief.  He has a little injury history,  but he is also just entering those prime years, big,  athletic,  and he runs a true 4.4 40. Sign me up!

1 hour ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I just don't understand how Ginn can come in a ball but Shepard isn't. Looking at this list tells me its about the system. Sammy Watkins may be that guy but we have to find a ted ginn clone but with better hands. 

Shepard was never as dynamic as Ginn (but admittedly he showed some promise in High School). After so many seasons in the NFL, I don't see how he is anything more than he has shown. He came in a special teams ace,  and he's gonna leave a special teams ace.  

I have been watching football a long time,  but I really didn't pay attention to the inner workings of the game until a decade ago---you know,  the business side, team building, the draft, personnel chemistry,  psychology,  trends, etc.  One belief that I have developed over the last five is that true ballers are going to find the field and stay on it if they have the talent.  Of course off-field issues (e.g., drugs, lack of maturity,  proclivity for general bad behavior) and catastrophic injury can profoundly derail talent, but if a player's head is in the game and he has talent,  he'll find himself on the field (unless he gets blackballed *AHEM*) more times than not.  Receivers like Shepard, Philly Brown, and Griff Whalen who have had solid opportunities to emerge but can never quite escape the rubber band of mediocrity essentially just stay where they are, no matter how hard they try because they just don't have it.  If they did, some head coach somewhere would get them on the field. 

Archived