• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Details - Jerry Richardson Investigated For BOTH Racial and Sexual Misconduct.

Saca312

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Damn. Just hope the team can play undistracted and for the community of CLT.

It's pretty late in the season, so this may not have much of an immediate effect. 

Won't be surprised if they're pretty big changes coming in the offseason though. And yes, an ownership change is absolutely on the table.

Seriously, I just read the full article. 

“Can I shave your legs?” 

“Show me how you wiggles into those jeans this morning” 

Being refered to as “Mister”, instead of anything else.

Using the “seat belt” move to feel women. 

If all those things are true, and the investigation brings to light that all of this and more is true, fug him. 

8 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Seriously, I just read the full article. 

“Can I shave your legs?” 

“Show me how you wiggles into those jeans this morning” 

Being refered to as “Mister”, instead of anything else.

Using the “seat belt” move to feel women. 

If all those things are true, and the investigation brings to light that all of this and more is true, fug him. 

holy poo

Four people getting"significant payouts" is a big deal. 

Lots of guys get taken down for just a single incident. That there are multiple people who experienced things severe enough that the team was willing to pay for their silence is damning.

What's even worse, it sounds like there are many, many more women who experienced harassment but decided it would have been too problematic to take action.

To top it all off, the Panthers making significant efforts to keep this quiet just takes all of that already awful stuff and multiplies it.

The part owner who said "nothing will come of this" was way way off.

He is a product of the period and culture that he grew up in.  If the accusations are proven true, he will suffer the due punishment for his behavior and they will be severe.

Be careful, though.  How many of us can withstand close scrutiny in our own lives?   Told a lie?  Cheated someone?  Spoke against someone else in anger?  Pride?  Gossip?  Committed murder in your heart (hatred)?

All of us are compromised. If not in great matters, certainly in small matters.  Be thankful your life is not under a microscope for all the world to see and judge.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Go Panthers!

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

He is a product of the period and culture that he grew up in.  If the accusations are proven true, he will suffer the due punishment for his behavior and they will be severe.

Be careful, though.  How many of us can withstand close scrutiny in our own lives?   Told a lie?  Cheated someone?  Spoke against someone else in anger?  Pride?  Gossip?  Committed murder in your heart (hatred)?

All of us are compromised. If not in great matters, certainly in small matters.  Be thankful your life is not under a microscope for all the world to see and judge.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Go Panthers!

lol fug off

12 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The article is well worth the full read.

Frankly, Jerry Richardson is the epitome of casually bigoted southern undertones with a smile.

The story focuses way more on the sexual misconduct than the racial side. There's only one incident listed on that front...

...for the moment.

Things like this often have the power to embolden people who didn't think they could do anything about their incidents. It'd be no surprise if more people start going public with stories on both sides of the issue (sexual and racial).

As bad as this already is, it could easily snowball into something even worse.

Archived