• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does training camp stay at Wofford after the sale?

KSpan

2 minutes ago, jbland said:

Just the other side of the Border or somewhere else?

I highly doubt there is any substance to that rumor. Not that it couldn't happen but I would bet they move to Raleigh before they move to Columbia or somewhere else in SC. 

See the other thread.

I don't actually think it's going to happen, but there would be some pros for the team so it's definitely possible.

@Mr. Scot

My buddies and I travel to at least 1 new NFL Stadium every year with the hopes of seeing a game in each of them. 

We have been doing this for 12 years. In those years, the teams who's stadiums are away from the downtown area SUCK. Not that the stadiums aren't nice there is just nothing to do near them. I will give the example of Arizona. Beautiful stadium, but literally not a thing anywhere within walking distance. I hate the idea of moving the team away from uptown. 

5 minutes ago, jbland said:

@Mr. Scot

My buddies and I travel to at least 1 new NFL Stadium every year with the hopes of seeing a game in each of them. 

We have been doing this for 12 years. In those years, the teams who's stadiums are away from the downtown area SUCK. Not that the stadiums aren't nice there is just nothing to do near them. I will give the example of Arizona. Beautiful stadium, but literally not a thing anywhere within walking distance. I hate the idea of moving the team away from uptown. 

The specific area we're talking about is not a huge distance from uptown though.

But here's the thing. Part of the reason why teams go to places like that is for lower operating costs, something that can make a significant difference in cash flow over time.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Cowboys aren't in Dallas. The Giants and Jets aren't in New York. The 49ers aren't in San Francisco. So we're not talking about an unprecedented situation here.

4 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Was there for the final 4 this past year. Literally a spaceship in the middle of the desert. 

When I was at the Panthers / Saints game, it was so cool to walk from the hotel in French Quarter right to the game. 

Exactly, I did the same thing this year.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The specific area we're talking about is not a huge distance from uptown though.

But here's the thing. Part of the reason why teams go to places like that is for lower operating costs, something that can make a significant difference in cash flow over time.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Cowboys aren't in Dallas. The Giants and Jets aren't in New York. The 49ers aren't in San Francisco. So we're not talking about an unprecedented situation here.

Those are valid points. However, each of the teams you listed are much older than and have a much larger following than the panthers. 

At the end of the day money talks If they can save millions of dollars to move them, it wouldn't surprise me. 

36 minutes ago, jbland said:

I could see them moving it to Columbia or Death Valley. I would imaging they want to keep SC involved. That all changes if SC refuses to help out with the new stadium. I'm of the opinion that if the counties on the NC border dont help out screw the state and keep everything North of the border. Why should they get the benefits without any of the investment or risk?

Why would anyone move the camp to someplace even hotter???

Just now, jbland said:

Those are valid points. However, each of the teams you listed are much older than and have a much larger following than the panthers. 

At the end of the day money talks If they can save millions of dollars to move them, it wouldn't surprise me. 

I'm taking into account Felix Sabates' comments that the team is going to want a new stadium soon.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

If the allegations are proven to be true then Wofford won't want the Panthers training camp there, and they will look to cut ties with JR asap. Any JR crap they have on campus will vanish.

I doubt it. They literally just built a basketball arena in his honor. Has his name on it and everything. 

1 hour ago, jbland said:

Beautiful stadium, but literally not a thing anywhere within walking distance. I hate the idea of moving the team away from uptown. 

Well... if they put the new stadium next to Carowinds, there would be alot to do within walking distance. The park and all sorts of shops. And if the stadium IS put there, you know bars and other things will pop up around it in such a populated area. Could be a boom for both Mecklenburg and York counties

Archived