• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the flying fug is Cam not in the MVP discussion

KillaCamNewton

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

So which is being a fan and supporter of your own team's QB in your opinion?

Good?

Or bad?

Depends on what you mean as support?  

Cheering for you QB during the game, to me that's support.  Good. 

Ignoring bad play and only extol good play, that's enabling.  Bad

Appreciating the greatness of your QB and his contributions to your team success is support. Good

Ignoring the good play of other players simply for your need to feel validated that your QB is the best?  Bad

People with the argument that without Cam we would only win (insert number games).  That could be said about a lot of players. 

QB's make teams.  Look at San Francisco, they are a totally different team with Garapolo.  Look at the Colts, they are not a very good team but even worse without Luck.  You think Seattle in playoff hunt without Russell Wilson?  You can go on an on. 

I am a Cam Newton fan,  whenever I am talking with fans of other teams I'm always complimentary.   However people on this board get carried away sometime with the Cam Newton does no wrong stuff.  I know fan = fanatic, but you would think that we could be real with each other here.  It's the same thing over and over and over.  Cam plays well, its because of his greatness. If Cam doesn't play well it's Shula, RR, Hurney, Gettleman, Oline, WR's, RB's, injuries, the media, the racist, lunar equinox, leprechauns, global warming,  the large hadron collider, conservatives, liberals, Obama, Trump  anything but Cam playing badly at times.  

If you say, Cam could play better, he was missing easy throws.  You have 12 people pooing you talking about how it's because of Shula.   How can anyone say Cam has had a better QB (passing the football ) season than Brady, Roethlisberger, Wentz?    Hell watching that game yesterday, if our defense didn't play their ass off we lose by 17 points at least. 

Being a panther fan imo doesn't mean blind fugging supporter of all things Panthers.  I try to be objective when evaluating things.  I'm also a firm believer in whole is greater than the parts.  I dare anyone of you "Cam should be top 4 MVP contender" to get NFL gamepass and watch the coaches film of all the games and say the same thing.  Cam has different levels of mental focus.  His MVP year he was able to keep it basically the entire season.  This year, you see it in spurts.  It's no coincidence that he always seems to play well against the Brady's , Rogers, Staffords, and has mental let downs against the McCowns, Taylors, and Trubisky's.   Most QB's do however, that's why the Tom Brady's of the world stand out, because of his level of consistency.  

Cam Newton is definitely the Panthers MVP.  All day every day.  But he is not the top 5/6 of the NFL MVP's.   He's just not.   

He's becoming one of the clutchest QBs in the game. He just finds ways to win when the team needs him the most. It's Most Valuable Player....and I honestly think Cam has been as valuable or more to us this year than all but 2-3 players. If he would have started the season with the same stats as the second half he would have a real shot.

1 hour ago, Udogg said:

However people on this board get carried away sometime with the Cam Newton does no wrong stuff.  I know fan = fanatic, but you would think that we could be real with each other here. 

I find it ironically hilarious that you claim to “keep it real” while at the same time want to claim that there are “people on this board” that feel that “Cam Newton does no wrong stuff”.

HEE-LAIR-EE-YUS!

Please do come up with just one member of this forum that believes that “Cam Newton does no wrong stuff.”  I mean, you couldn’t be exaggerating about that since you’re all about being “real” and you wouldn’t stoop to exaggerating like us silly fans that don’t keep it “real”, so you should have lots of examples handy. Right?

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

If Wilson takes the Hawks to the playoffs, it should be him, hands down. And I hate the guy. But he has no Oline and no run game. I know we like to talk about how bad our run game is, the Hawks leading rusher- not including RW- is Chris Carson, who hasn't played since week 4. RW has more than double the next guys rushing yards.

I know he had bad games vs Jacksonville and LAR, but still. He has zero help over there on offense.

I feel like this year though we will have a non-QB win it, because there is no QB that just completely stands out. It might have been AB but with that injury I think Gurley wins it. 

I agree Wilson has been the most valuable player but this whole notion he has no help is absurd.

The Seahawks running game is on par with the panthers the difference is they abandon the run any chance they get mean while Shula will run it even if we average 2 ypc. The Seahawks receivers are good they get separation and make spectacular catches every other week. And Wilson can have the best Oline in the nfl it wouldn’t matter, he still will get sacked a lot. He never steps into the pocket 

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I find it ironically hilarious that you claim to “keep it real” while at the same time want to claim that there are “people on this board” that feel that “Cam Newton does no wrong stuff”.

HEE-LAIR-EE-YUS!

Please do come up with just one member of this forum that believes that “Cam Newton does no wrong stuff.”  I mean, you couldn’t be exaggerating about that since you’re all about being “real” and you wouldn’t stoop to exaggerating like us silly fans that don’t keep it “real”, so you should have lots of examples handy. Right?

You are the ultimate example of this. Do you not realize it?  

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

HEE-LAIR-EE-YUS!

That's all you got out of it eh? 

Ok. 

Lets take this for example:

The theme is mainly, Cam has to save the offense from garbage play calling whatever.  You will never hear any mention of Cam making any mistakes(missing open receivers, holding ball to long, taking a sack to get us out of fg position, wrong reads) , or if he did it was because of the "evil horrible Mike Shula" offense.   The board is filled with examples, and I'm just taking a break from drinking reflecting on life to look.  I could look deeper but it's the basic theme around these parts.   

Once again for the record, love me some Cam.  Talk to him during the summer when he comes to GA and visits home sometimes or goes to Westlake game.  Watched him play in high school.  Etc..etc... got his autographed poster in my office.   My favorite player.   But this year.. 2017 ,  he is not a top MVP candidate for the NFL.  It's not hate at all, but he doesn't has the numbers or the consistency to be MVP this year.  Like someone said earlier, if he started the year like the last 6-7 games, then yes definitely in the conversation.   

But take offense to what I said.   Who cares.   It's all the people in this country do these days.  Fact's don't matter.  It's either you are with us or against us.  Everything I said was probably just fake news anyway. 

19 minutes ago, csx said:

You are the ultimate example of this. Do you not realize it?  

Except for the fact that I've never a single time believed that "Cam Newton does no wrong stuff".

Guys like you and udogg sure love to flog that dead-horse of a strawman time and time again though.

10 minutes ago, Udogg said:

The theme is mainly, Cam has to save the offense from garbage play calling whatever.  You will never hear any mention of Cam making any mistakes(missing open receivers, holding ball to long, taking a sack to get us out of fg position, wrong reads) , or if he did it was because of the "evil horrible Mike Shula" offense.   The board is filled with examples, and I'm just taking a break from drinking reflecting on life to look.  I could look deeper but it's the basic theme around these parts.   

Cam threw to Olsen in triple coverage yesterday.

I pointed it out in the game thread.

As csx likes to point out, I am y'alls "ultimate example".  I just gave you evidence that your "Cam Newton does no wrong" complaint about people is a fallacy and a straw-man.  And that you're doing the very thing that you're complaining about in other people.  If you have to make up fantasy people that don't exist to complain about to make your point, you're not "keeping it real".  You're projecting and making poo up just like the people you are supposedly complaining about, you're just doing it from the other side of the coin.  You're arguing against imaginary people who don't exist because there's not a single "Cam Nut Hugger" in this forum who hasn't pointed out mistakes that Cam has made before.  So if you want to argue a point, how about doing it vs. "real" people and not the imaginary people you've invented in your mind.

16 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

As csx likes to point out, I am y'alls "ultimate example".  I just gave you evidence that your "Cam Newton does no wrong" complaint about people is a fallacy and a straw-man.  And that you're doing the very thing that you're complaining about in other people.  If you have to make up fantasy people that don't exist to complain about to make your point, you're not "keeping it real".  You're projecting and making poo up just like the people you are supposedly complaining about, you're just doing it from the other side of the coin.  You're arguing against imaginary people who don't exist because there's not a single "Cam Nut Hugger" in this forum who hasn't pointed out mistakes that Cam has made before.  So if you want to argue a point, how about doing it vs. "real" people and not the imaginary people you've invented in your mind.

College allegiances make people psycho.

24 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

.............. I think you are trolling me.   So Merry Christmas to you sir. 

Archived