• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Black Mirror

Bronn

The last 3: Hang the DJ, Metalhead, and Black Museum were easily the best of this season, but the first three were good to me too. I don't know that there is really a bad episode of this show yet. The one about the AI bees in a past season just seemed overly long.

The reason this show creeps you out is because it is an accurate portrayal of the human condition. Technology can, has, and will expose the ugliest parts of people. This is exactly where we're headed in the future.

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

The last 3: Hang the DJ, Metalhead, and Black Museum were easily the best of this season, but the first three were good to me too. I don't know that there is really a bad episode of this show yet. The one about the AI bees in a past season just seemed overly long.

The reason this show creeps you out is because it is an accurate portrayal of the human condition. Technology can, has, and will expose the ugliest parts of people. This is exactly where we're headed in the future.

The cool thing about Black Mirror is that different people will enjoy episodes more than others. What one person finds as the best episode can be considered the worst episode to someone else and I don't think there is a right answer.  

I really liked the AI bee episode but as mentioned, disliked Hang the DJ. Black Museum was just one big WTF, creep fest and the guy actor that ran the museum was a perfect fit for the role. Ultimately, they are all worth watching for different reasons. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Rockets said:

The cool thing about Black Mirror is that different people will enjoy episodes more than others. What one person finds as the best episode can be considered the worst episode to someone else and I don't think there is a right answer.  

I really liked the AI bee episode but as mentioned, disliked Hang the DJ. Black Museum was just one big WTF, creep fest and the guy actor that ran the museum was a perfect fit for the role. Ultimately, they are all worth watching for different reasons. 

Agreed - I loved Hated in the Nation (AI bee episode) but found San Junipero, the one that won all the awards, to be rather bland. Acting and writing were great but I just didn't care at all about what was happening.

53 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Agreed - I loved Hated in the Nation (AI bee episode) but found San Junipero, the one that won all the awards, to be rather bland. Acting and writing were great but I just didn't care at all about what was happening.

WUT!

San Junipero is da bes!

But yeah, I totally agree that Black Mirror does a good job appealing to different people differently.

IIRC the hospital in a couple of the episodes (at least Black Museum) was St. Juniper's. It was one of the Easter eggs in there.

On 1/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, KSpan said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them except for the first episode of Season 3 (the one with Bryce Dallas Howard). That one just makes my skin crawl and I can't finish it.

I remember wanting to show that in my classroom...it's one that I wish would be required viewing for everyone today. 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I need to watch San Junipero again...I remember dosing off and disliking it as well. 

On the new season, I'd rank them...

Hang the DJ

Black Museum/USS Callister 

Arkangel 

Metalhead/Crocodile - - Didn't care for either of them. 

Haven’t seen crocodile yet but I agree with this list. I loved hang the dj

Yeah obviously different people interpret different ways, but Hang the DJ hit me the most this season...as a 27 year old dude, who has messed around with Tinder/Bumble, now with a semi-serious relationship wondering if it can last or not, while all my friends are already (or soon to be) married?  A lotttt going on in that episode targeted at the 24-30 ish year old demo for me. 

27 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Yeah obviously different people interpret different ways, but Hang the DJ hit me the most this season...as a 27 year old dude, who has messed around with Tinder/Bumble, now with a semi-serious relationship wondering if it can last or not, while all my friends are already (or soon to be) married?  A lotttt going on in that episode targeted at the 24-30 ish year old demo for me. 

Yeah in the same boat. Anyone who has used tinder or bumble knows what the whole dating game is like now. 

And this was one of the few episodes of black mirror that actually had a happy ending

i can't imagine silicone valley in their thinking that technology can cure all the world's ills like this show. the show has always given me the creeps about the future that lies ahead. so many things in there are completely believable.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, CarolinaNCSU said:

Maybe I interpreted it differently, but having the government/a machine tell you who to date or marry is horrible.

Metalhead was great, could have actually been a longer movie. Ending sucked, tho. I would have thrown the bed out and had a walled fortress.

Archived