• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula Appreciation Thread

19 minutes ago, Camvp said:

He wasn't as bad as this board makes him out to be.  A little uncreative in the redzone the last two years is probably what did him in.  But so many pieces being lost to injury this year, I thought he did just okay.  Not great but not awful.  He wasn't even the worst coordinator in our playoff loss, that would be Wilks.

Your right but the red zone effectiveness is what lost us alot of games especially against the saints. We moved done there with ease but got to the redzone and kicked fgs. Alot of people are saying go for WR, I say we need a solid, true RB. Stewart is not it and I think our oline is good enough. CMC isnt a true RB and lacks the size. Cam is our only true RB we have and thats not going to cut it. Part of the reason there was no separation for receivers was because no one feared Stewart and they knew CMC is only good when he catches out in the open. We need to get a solid RB and go RB, WR, WR, SS. I hope Gunter gets a starting spot next year. He looked solid out there in the short time he played. Worley I think will may take a turn for the best next year. We can also go SS first round and Ill be happy. And sign a solid Free Agent WR and think that will do it. Byrd showed he can ball and 1 WR and a solid RB with 1st rd safety will do the trick.

Bye Shula eveybody will soon find out OC doesn’t fix poor mechanics, but hey I have been wrong before.   Hard to find an OC in this league to build around a running QB.  But again I have been wrong before.  Remember back when I said “Careful what you ask for” I guess we will see who was right and who was wrong next season??

2 hours ago, Camvp said:

He wasn't as bad as this board makes him out to be.  A little uncreative in the redzone the last two years is probably what did him in.  But so many pieces being lost to injury this year, I thought he did just okay.  Not great but not awful.  He wasn't even the worst coordinator in our playoff loss, that would be Wilks.

Was pretty good throughout the 15-1 SB season but got figured out by the Broncos (and by the Seahawks in the 2nd half of the divisonal game fortunately they had such a big 1st half lead). Ever since then teams knew to defend the offense with little problem.

Archived