• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spagnuolo claims Patriots knew Eagles' signals in Super Bowl XXXIX

Palmetto

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually I can.  Atlanta got in trouble for pumping in crowd noise, not interfering with audio equipment.

And who got in trouble, suspensions and loss of draft picks for audio equipment malfunctions?

Maybe it happened and maybe it didn’t. Another one of those sour grapes over losing claims.

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

You can't fugging gameplan for plays you've never seen before. You can (and will) succeed against some, but not all. And you sure as hell won't know what is happening on all of them.

What makes Luke Kuechly great is he can predict offenses. He does this without cheating.

What made Peyton Manning great was he could predict defense. He did this without cheating.

Once the Panther bragged that they knew Michael Vick’s signals and we beat him finally,...

brentson Buckner talked about it.

cheating?

and if a team is getting beat up after a quarter and the other team is anticipating everything, change up.

failure to adapt should be discussed instead.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At least five teams have accused the Patriots of headset tampering

That's not an example of "being better".

If you're legitimately just better, you don't need to do s--t like this to win.

If you do need s--t like this to win, you're not better.

And what would happen if those teams all made the Patriots have malfunctions at their stadiums?

nobody would care because everyone would say they are getting their own medicine.

but if they won anyway, what could anyone say?

Just now, JARROD said:

And who got in trouble, suspensions and loss of draft picks for audio equipment malfunctions?

Maybe it happened and maybe it didn’t. Another one of those sour grapes over losing claims.

There's a bit too much of a pattern for it to just be "sour grapes". Not to mention there was a guy who had legitimate video evidence, and another with inside knowledge.

The reason this stuff originally came out in the first place was because of Eric Mangini, specifically his taking the head coaching job with the Jets.  Mangini knew about it because he had worked for the Patriots.  He told Belichick "just don't do it to me and I won't say anything".  But when the Patriots and the Jets played, Mangini caught them pulling the same s--t, so he exposed them.

So no, it's not just "sour grapes".

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a bit too much of a pattern for it to just be "sour grapes". Not to mention there was a guy who had legitimate video evidence, and another with inside knowledge.

The reason this stuff originally came out in the first place was because of Eric Mangini, specifically his taking the head coaching job with the Jets.  Mangini knew about it because he had worked for the Patriots.  He told Belichick "just don't do it to me and I won't say anything".  But when the Patriots and the Jets played, Mangini caught them pulling the same s--t, so he exposed them.

So no, it's not just "sour grapes".

Mangini,... worst coach ever,..

really?

and where were all of you when half our players got it for steroids?

so our first NFC Championship should be taken away because half our players were on juice and “cheating”

Anyway, I will just agree to disagree with all of you about this.

one compared to Sean Payton who condoned his team to be rewarded for putting players out of games—- compare that to signal stealing ? That’s idiotic and sour grapes.

the patriots just find edges to win, whether it be plugging a backup tightend to right tackle(2015 Super Bowl 28-3) or reinventing the slot position(Wes walker), causing the NFL to change rules on beating up receivers beyond 5 yards,. Whatever.

other teams play checkers and they play chess.

Instead of letting someone else play chess, you prepare for a game of checkers and complain about losing—

how about preparing for a game of chess, and bringing a few shotguns, bull whips, and a baseball with you for good measure.

that way you can make in game adjustments and train guys to be next man up, and find value in players that the rest of the world discards,.. most recent James Harrison.

7 minutes ago, JARROD said:

really?

so our first NFC Championship should be taken away because half our players were on juice and “cheating”

one compared to Sean Payton who condoned his team to be rewarded for putting players out of games—- compare that to signal stealing ? That’s idiotic and sour grapes.

the patriots just find edges to win, whether it be plugging a backup tightend to right tackle(2015 Super Bowl 28-3) or reinventing the slot position(Wes walker), causing the NFL to change rules on beating up receivers beyond 5 yards,. Whatever.

Instead of letting someone else play chess, you prepare for a game of checkers and complain about losing—

how about preparing for a game of chess, and bringing a few shotguns, bull whips, and a baseball with you for good measure.

that way you can make in game adjustments and train guys to be next man up, and find value in players that the rest of the world discards,.. most recent James Harrison.

Mangini was shown to be correct. The league caught a Patriots employee with a video camera filming signals.  It's one thing to figure something out by watching tendencies, quite another to use recording equipment to cheat.

As to the steroid thing, there's a huge difference between individual players doing things and team endorsed cheating.  So unless you have evidence that the Panthers instituted a system of steroid abuse, it's not the same.

The Patriots have already been caught - and punished - in two major cheating scandals.  There was Spygate, and there was Deflategate.  Pretty much nobody believes those are the only things they've done (the audio thing being the biggest question). And again, there's been way too much evidence to just suggest coincidence.  For example (from the link)...

The Steelers now become at least the fifth team making accusations, with the team saying that its coach-to-coach communications repeatedly faced interference from the Patriots’ radio broadcast, and that the interference would stop when a league official came to the sideline to deal with it, only to start up again when the league official walked away.

That shows an obvious pattern, unless you're willing to suggest that the audio issues just magically disappeared whenever a league official came near.  And if you do want to suggest that, you probably shouldn't be questioning anyone else's intelligence.

Are they good at what they do?  Sure. But being known cheaters delegitimizes a lot of their accomplishments because it's impossible to know if they would have been as dominant without cheating.

And again, I have little doubt that the cheating we know about is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

11 hours ago, JARROD said:

really?

Stop with this "Whatabout" bs diversion tactic. What about spygate, what about steroids, what about birds in the fing sky. Stick to the topic and stop pawning your arguments into whatabouts it's such a lazy argument. How about staying on issue instead of continuing to try to make the point "everyone cheats" guess what? Not one organization has system wide cheating of the magnitude of spygate period. From the top to the bottom every person apart of that team had to participate. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I figure somewhere down the road, there'll be a big expose' where either an investigation or a longtime member of the Patriots organization will reveal the full depth of the Patriots cheating.

It'll probably be a long time coming, but I won't be the least bit surprised if it happens.

And if that info does get out, it'll likely be the single biggest scandal in sports history.

When will that be?. After Tom "the skirt" Brady and BB both have retired then drop the bomb because the NFL don't want to tarnish their record.

6 hours ago, thomas96 said:

The NFL destroyed all the video evidence back in 2008... Without even viewing it all... Complete horsesh*t and the entire deflategate thing was only so big because the league went so easy on extremely serious cheating the first time. Sean Payton was suspended a year for the bountygate stuff; Belichick should've been suspended at least two, because as far as integrity of the game goes the Pats' cheating was at least twice as bad as the bountygate stuff.

Those tapes had enough information that it could have ruined the game.  It probably would have forced the NFL to seek removal of the Patriots as Champs and to give up their 1st three Lombardi's.   I am completely convinced of this.  If the information wasn't so damning, why destroy them?   I believe the guy who exposed these tapes is dead too.

Look at their 1st Super Bowl, come on.  Held the Greatest Show on Turf in check for most of the game. 

Our Super Bowl we were held to 15 yds of total offense.  in the First QTR yet after D. Henning changed the game plan we set a Super Bowl record for most yardage in a quarter.

And now this? 

3-0 in their first 3 visits

2-2 since and should have been 0- 4 if Seattle and  Atl hadn't chocked the last two wins for them.

I don't put it past them to try and cheat again. 

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Those tapes had enough information that it could have ruined the game.  It probably would have forced the NFL to seek removal of the Patriots as Champs and to give up their 1st three Lombardi's.   I am completely convinced of this.  If the information wasn't so damning, why destroy them?   I believe the guy who exposed these tapes is dead too.

Look at their 1st Super Bowl, come on.  Held the Greatest Show on Turf in check for most of the game. 

Our Super Bowl we were held to 15 yds of total offense.  in the First QTR yet after D. Henning changed the game plan we set a Super Bowl record for most yardage in a quarter.

And now this? 

3-0 in their first 3 visits

2-2 since and should have been 0- 4 if Seattle and  Atl hadn't chocked the last two wins for them.

I don't put it past them to try and cheat again. 

You set my point, that signals should never be and excuse to lose a game.

Henning changed plans and we had the most yards in a quarter ever? So the signal bs had nothing to do with John Kasay booting out of bounds the last drive right?

Your post is completely ridiculous. They’ve been in now 8 Superbowls. 

They are just better than everyone else and a lot of things and win.

the only way everyone else can sleep at night is just to go on this silly tangent.

i would rather have a team that just finds a way to get better than one that just makes excuses and is totally content on making the playoffs.

14 hours ago, TN05 said:

NASCAR allowed and tolerated, and still does, a culture of cheating. That's part of stock car racing. You build the best car and hope you don't get beat.

The NFL is different. No other team was taping like this. No other team has been accused of anything remotely similar. The Saints fans make the same pathetic excuse with Bountygate.

Everyone bends the rules. The Saints and Pats threw the rules in the blender.

Man Bounty Gate went after putting players out of games.

i don’t think they got enough punishment.

how can anyone compare the 2? 

Intentionally hurting people should have criminal charges,. 

For me the signals just like the deflated footballs is laughable. People should be ashamed of themselves for using these as excuses to lose football games.

on something like intentionally hurting people, I’m more along the lines of scorched earth, life in prison thinking.

Archived