• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason never had talk with Peppers

fignewty314

how about the Browns then, he logged 1 ast tackle. If you watch Allen play 16 games.....some weeks despite his motor he simply won't appear to be Mr. Fantastic.

I hear ya... maybe the Browns took him out of the game like Atlanta took Pep completely out of the game. The ball was never in the backfield for more than 2 seconds after the snap...

It really depends at what point in the game he makes the sack. Was it garbage or did it kill a drive..etc. Evertime I've watched him he's disrupting something....

of course he never "had THE talk" with Peppers. The FO cant have their token boy having to get motivated by one of its youngest leaders to earn his check.

i DONT BUY for a second that he didnt have the talk, Beason is not that kind of guy. The Org just doesnt want its dirty laundry out there.

I dont know what happened but Peppers played with a fire I have not seen in a few years last week. For whatever reason Peppers was wanting a good game.

of course he never "had THE talk" with Peppers. The FO cant have their token boy having to get motivated by one of its youngest leaders to earn his check.

i DONT BUY for a second that he didnt have the talk, Beason is not that kind of guy. The Org just doesnt want its dirty laundry out there.

They are trying to sweep it under the rug because it make it look like Fox dose not have control. The fact is he dose not and the rumors are prob true about him being gone next year.

Here's what is frustrating about Peppers. The greatest of all time, no matter what the sport, have a fire and drive. Not to just beat their opponent, but to destroy them. It's called competitiveness. Look at MJordan, Tiger Woods, and Jerry Rice. These are the most competitive and driven athletes on the planet. This is exactly what Peppers lacks. Everyone sees how physically gifted he is and we all just wish he would have the heart and determination that Jarred Allen plays with. If he did, he would be one of the greatest football players of all time, but he never will be. He'll just be a physically gifted athlete who played football.

This... It's the missing ingredient for Peppers - you don't see that competitive fire. We all saw Flozell Adams tripping Peppers during the Dallas game, but I don't remember Peppers reacting to that once. If you were tripping Steve Smith or Jared Allen, they would jump right in your face. Sometimes I wonder if being a football player is really what Peppers wants to do for a living? If Steve Smith and Julius Peppers could somehow be combined, you would have the greatest football player that ever lived.

One thing about Allen is he dominates and has to be accounted for every play.... mediocre linemen dont block him, when a big play needs to be made he delivers.

And when you'r up by 20 early you dont really need to bust your ass (against the Rams). Allen didnt have any stats in that game because the Viks were training his backup....

I read that Allen went 7 games without a sack last year. Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't have any hurries or pressures during those seven games, but imo its a myth that he is somehow more effective than Peppers. Both are good, but not great defensive linemen.

I don't know whether he had "the talk" or not. But I do know that doing it in such a public manner is wrong.

Remember the scene in Major League when Dorn tanked a grounder and Tom Berenger went to his house and had a "talk" with him? Thats how professionals handle these things. I know that folks on message boards want players to be publicly castigated, but more often than not, this makes things worse, not better.

Archived