• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Has Been Reinstated

bobsfoodbasics

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We had a chance to hire a guy with potential to be a great GM.

Instead, we're stuck with a guy we already know is a lousy GM.

Jerry Richardson can't be gone soon enough.

I honestly can't understand the success this team has had with the total and utter dysfunction in the front office leadership of this org... its incomprehensible.... we should be the Browns.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, looks like Richardson held firm against NFL pressure. He's going to get what he always wanted.

Hope it was worth it, because I won't be surprised if the NFL goes for the jugular in their workplace misconduct investigation now.

When you are at a point in life where you can likely actually see the skeletal, robed character with the scythe approaching you, I imagine its easy to have a WGAF? attitude.

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I often wonder how the Rooney Rule candidates feel afterwards, realizing that they were only tokens for guys like Marty Hurney.

Most teams that are going to flout the Rooney Rule do so by "interviewing" one internal, sort of qualified minority employee and then hiring the guy everybody knew they were going to hire. 

People grumble, but there's rarely all that much of a fuss. The Panthers could have pretty easily gone that route with Don Gregory.

But oh no, that's not good enough for us.

Instead, we're going to jerk around three very highly qualified minority candidates from around the country for a couple of weeks and then turn around and spit in their faces. Then we'll hire a guy who most teams wouldn't even look at as a scout to run the whole football operation.

This team, I swear...

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Instead, we're going to jerk around three very highly qualified minority candidates from around the country for a couple of weeks and then turn around and spit in their faces.

This is the most disturbing aspect of the whole charade--what an embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, ras977 said:

This is the most disturbing aspect of the whole charade--what an embarrassment.

Doing research gave me a chance to learn just how impressive an individual Lake Dawson actually is.

Getting the information we did from Towelboy and MHS831 showed that Marty Hurney was actually an even worse GM then we already knew.

The "search committee" had the chance to see these choices and talk to them in person.

And they choose Hurney.

We have a team run by absolute morons.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Doing research gave me a chance to learn just how impressive an individual Lake Dawson actually is.

Getting the information we did from Towelboy and MHS831 showed that Marty Hurney was actually an even worse GM then we already knew.

The "search committee" had the chance to see these choices and talk to them in person.

And they choose Hurney.

We have a team run by absolute morons.

...it defies all logic and sanity ... i'm in awe of this team that has achieved in spite of the ineptitude of the leaders of this org... SMDH...

Archived