• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your best memory at Ericsson/BoA Stadium.

ellis

I’ve been all-in since 1995, like many of you. I’m finding it’s rare these days to come across Panthers fans that have truly been through the whole run for the past quarter century. It’s one reason I like coming into the Huddle. No matter how horrible some of the hot takes are, you guys and gals truly care. 

Question....(Sure it’s been covered before in prior threads, but never hurts to do an annual rehash)

What is your best memory of attending a Panthers game?

Mine? Well, I’ve had the good fortune of watching games as both a spectator and a media gasbag. I can tell you that the most magical moment that still resonates with me is the final two minutes of our November win against Tampa in 2003.

Lower level, Panthers sidelines, 40 yl. The ups and downs emotionally in that game were palpable. The defending champs, falling behind early but flipping that championship switch in an instant. Those two Brad Johnson touchdowns in the fourth quarter were just savage. But, then, ol’ Jake Delhomme strolls back out there and runs one of the more remarkable two-minute drills in team history. Drive starter to Hankton. Down the seam to Proehl. A hot-read prayer lob shot to Moose. All capped by the quick slant right to Smitty. He actually bobbled that catch, almost dropped it. But, he didn’t. Not that day. 

I have about 20 “close 2nd’s” on my list. Dallas playoff game later that year. 2014 Cardinals playoff win (first home playoff win in 11 years). 2013’s monsoon-soaked win against the Saints. I actually missed the 2015 NFC Championship, but that would have ranked high.

But that Tampa win. Damn. I think about that win all the time, the catalyst that made the Super Bowl run a reality. Significant, in so many ways. 

It was a great day for me and my family. The Panthers are a gift. A sometimes mind-numbing, rage-inducing gift. But the last quarter century of my world has been better for it. 

Thanks for reading. 

Your memories? 

ADF72A0A-056B-4ACE-A2DA-E576B8E36199.jpeg

6E6B59DD-E231-4512-A5A1-BE777EF74A00.jpeg

9DC991E9-1B04-40AF-AF90-9B9D12E4FCFB.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Opening home game in 95 with my dad. Hot as hell, got sunburned, drank semi cold beer, Panthers won. Can't replace that day.

I was at opening day 96, if that’s what’s you mean. If so, that was a good and very hot day. 

Archived