• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 wide

Jeremy Igo

Truth be told, for all you Pryor haters,  rumors have him going back to Cleveland. So, this WR FA market might be looking a lot thinner than people expect.  If Watkins signs or gets tagged (which still might happen if Joyner is extended),  Sanders stays in Denver and Crabtree stays in Oakland, Robinson gets tagged by the Jags,  and of course Pryor returns to Cleveland,  then we're going to have to start thinking a lot differently. 

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Truth be told, for all you Pryor haters,  rumors have him going back to Cleveland. So, this WR FA market might be looking a lot thinner than people expect.  If Watkins signs or gets tagged (which still might happen if Joyner is extended),  Sanders stays in Denver and Crabtree stays in Oakland, Robinson gets tagged by the Jags,  and of course Pryor returns to Cleveland,  then we're going to have to start thinking a lot differently. 

Yeah this FA class is not looking all that great. I think a trade is more likely if we go WR hunting.

10 minutes ago, TheRed said:

So basically most here agree that we have nothing of certainty whatsoever beyond Funchess, but we should draft a QB?

Cart before the horse and all that...

Well count me as foursquare against the idea.  I mean the prospective QB would have to have a ton of upside.

Throwing away a pIck on a QB would essentially put us in a position of missing out,  just like we did in the 2013 draft without that third rounder.  

I'm still smarting over the missing fourth round pick this year. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Well count me as foursquare against the idea.  I mean the prospective QB would have to have a ton of upside.

Throwing away a pIck on a QB would essentially put us in a position of missing out,  just like we did in the 2013 draft without that third rounder.  

I'm still smarting over the missing fourth round pick this year. 

Here's the thing. We have a base core we can add onto that is capable of going to and winning a Super Bowl now. If we're going to use resources on luxury picks like QB, just go all in and draft Newton's heir now. Why not just use our first or second rounder while we're at it? Throwing darts at a board and drafting a backup QB just to say you did at this stage in the game is just fodder for fans to talk about. Honestly I don't think it has that much basis in reality beyond the huddle, it's just conversation to drone on about.

Samuel was the difference between our first bout against Atlanta and making their defense run circles and our second bout. He adds so much to our offense.

Labeling him injury prone is also stupid since his injuries are luck based and he simply had a lot of bad luck this year. Prior to the NFL, he was near spotless with his injury history, so it’s just dumb all around.

Put Samuel in more and this offense will flourish. As long as he doesn’t contract Ginn hands, he’s a sure fire stud already. Gets open easily and with more chances, he’s sure to be fine.

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

So basically most here agree that we have nothing of certainty whatsoever beyond Funchess, but we should draft a QB?

Cart before the horse and all that...

I don't really know how the majority of the Huddle feels.

I do know that the fact Voth is talking about it is probably a good indication that it's being discussed in the front office.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Here's the thing. We have a base core we can add onto that is capable of going to and winning a Super Bowl now. If we're going to use resources on luxury picks like QB, just go all in and draft Newton's heir now. Why not just use our first or second rounder while we're at it? Throwing darts at a board and drafting a backup QB just to say you did at this stage in the game is just fodder for fans to talk about. Honestly I don't think it has that much basis in reality beyond the huddle, it's just conversation to drone on about.

I'd add that I just don't think Cam is going anywhere.  Sure he can be hurt, just like any franchise QB,  but at the moment I don't see any reason he won't be here for the next 5 years. I'd only nab a QB in the draft if I really believed that he was a legitimate heir-apparent. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really know how the majority of the Huddle feels.

I do know that the fact Voth is talking about it is probably a good indication that it's being discussed in the front office.

That may be true...maybe.  I will say that the story has more wings than just in the Huddle. 

Just now, top dawg said:

That may be true...maybe.  I will say that the story has more wings than just in the Huddle. 

I don't really see Newton going anywhere either, but if he were to go down again and we don't have a backup better than Derek Anderson, that's a problem.

Archived