• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Thread

ncfan

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Tony Pauline just reported Panthers one of six teams most interested in Florida State DE Josh Sweat 

I really liked DeMarcus Walker last year, but overall the history of FSU edge rushers in the NFL is a scary one. Sweat is undersized for our scheme too. I seem to recall the last undersized FSU Hurney drafted didn't exactly set the world ablaze.

4 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Tremaine Edmunds will be 19 years old when drafted in April birthday is like a week later

Makes you wonder if he won't grow into a 4-3 DE since he's already 6'5" 250. Another 20-25 pounds and he's pretty much an ideal 4-3 DE. Of course, it's pretty much irrelevant for us. He's probably gone in the top 15 anyway.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't say they suck. I think there's some good talent there in the 2nd-4th round range, it's just that aside from Ridley there aren't any other slam dunk 1st round prospects. On the other hand, this is a GREAT LB class. 

I would agree with that.  People get caught up with the talent at the top of the draft but that is only one pick for most teams.

Just because the top 5 receivers this year might not be rated as high as other years doesn’t mean 6-10 can’t be.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really liked DeMarcus Walker last year, but overall the history of FSU edge rushers in the NFL is a scary one. Sweat is undersized for our scheme too. I seem to recall the last undersized FSU Hurney drafted didn't exactly set the world ablaze.

Maybe Hurney will use our 2019 1st to move up in the 2nd to draft a Florida State DE...

UNC's MJ Stewart is not helping himself today. Ran the 40 in the mid-4.5s and he look really slow in his backpedal in the on-field drills. This has been a trend with UNC CBs in recent years. They look pretty good in college and get mid-round talk leading up to the combine and then they show that they're just not NFL caliber athletes. Someone might take a shot at him in the late rounds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted.

Don't jump me Heels fans. I'm a diehard UNC fan.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

UNC's MJ Stewart is not helping himself today. Ran the 40 in the mid-4.5s and he look really slow in his backpedal in the on-field drills. This has been a trend with UNC CBs in recent years. They look pretty good in college and get mid-round talk leading up to the combine and then they show that they're just not NFL caliber athletes. Someone might take a shot at him in the late rounds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted.

Don't jump me Heels fans. I'm a diehard UNC fan.

that's what he runs...he is a 4.55 guy always has been...he has good instincts but never was  a fast guy...

Archived