• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Making Moves

Saca312

56 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

IMO, I see dude coming in and being a dud just like Cason *shrugs* 

You or anyone else don’t have to see it. You can call it out, that’s fine. I’ve never cared about that. I will respond when I feel I’m being talked to in a condescending way. It is what it is.

Have you ever actually seen Ogletree to compare him to Cason or is your opinion based solely on the fact that Gettleman is the one doing the transaction?

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Whats funny? He said late round talent which is what frank was, off the field issuses is another story. Nobody knew he was gonna have weed problems. On the field he was good player.

oh really? i didn’t notice how great he was on the field. please tell me more about how he was one substance abuse violation too many from developing into an all pro.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have you ever actually seen Ogletree to compare him to Cason or is your opinion based solely on the fact that Gettleman is the one doing the transaction?

It’s no secret I’m not a fan of Gettlemans tenure as GM. I feel the same about Hurn dawgs previous stint as GM, also, but yes I’ve seen Ogletree and yes, my comments were based on his play last year. 

Just now, AggieLean said:

It’s no secret I’m not a fan of Gettlemans tenure as GM. I feel the same about Hurn dawgs previous stint as GM, also, but yes I’ve seen Ogletree and yes, my comments were based on his play last year. 

Last year when he was playing out of his normal position, then?

18 hours ago, AggieLean said:

See, why was this even needed. I’ve had the same thoughts as you; in fact, I had them after the 6-10 season and after the Norman fiasco but it wa individuals like you who told me I was whining and whatnot. I wasn’t on board with Jerry Richardson years ago, but now I’m being told to take my homer glasses off? Lol man

Thats fuggin the way it works around here. I got the same poo when  i said A. Luck wasn't the savior christ almighty of the NFL and our team! Hindsight for the blind! Mofos gonna hate no matter what you say. Best to just turn off notifications and vent when you feel it. I dont even bother checking who replied or liked what dribble i said. 

If Gettleman follows his Panther trend, the Giants are going to get expensive and old in the next 2 or 3 years and have like 4 or 5 draft picks a year to replace everyone.  Thats find in you already have a young group of players in place but if your core is already old that is not a good thing.

3 minutes ago, bababoey said:

If Gettleman follows his Panther trend, the Giants are going to get expensive and old in the next 2 or 3 years and have like 4 or 5 draft picks a year to replace everyone.  Thats find in you already have a young group of players in place but if your core is already old that is not a good thing.

Gman won't have ownership telling him to keep older players around because "family"

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

Gman won't have ownership telling him to keep older players around because "family"

For all we know, he only did that with Olsen and TD. Even without those 2, were still an old squad with holes all over the place. He built this roster. Since he’s been here, he’s been all about going old with the safety positions and now we’re in dire needs of youth there. Did JR tell him to keep Coleman or go get Adams, or not to bring in younger safety’s through the draft or FA? 

Who knows, but the roster he built is one of the oldest in the league.

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

For all we know, he only did that with Olsen and TD. Even without those 2, were still an old squad with holes all over the place. He built this roster. Since he’s been here, he’s been all about going old with the safety positions and now we’re in dire needs of youth there. Did JR tell him to keep Coleman or go get Adams, or not to bring in younger safety’s through the draft or FA? 

Who knows, but the roster he built is one of the oldest in the league.

Very glad Hurney let Stewart go, I figure Gman would have done the same along with Ryan Kalil

1 minute ago, stirs said:

Very glad Hurney let Stewart go, I figure Gman would have done the same along with Ryan Kalil

I’m fine with letting go of Kalil, but there needs to be a plan for his replacement, whether that’s through the draft or free agency. I don’t think we’re going to have the capital in free agency or draft capital to fix all these holes we’ve got. At the end of the day, we still have this season that’s coming up and we need to do all we can to make sure it’s a winning season.

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’m fine with letting go of Kalil, but there needs to be a plan for his replacement, whether that’s through the draft or free agency. I don’t think we’re going to have the capital in free agency or draft capital to fix all these holes we’ve got. At the end of the day, we still have this season that’s coming up and we need to do all we can to make sure it’s a winning season.

His backup at C played pretty well last year, and had to because Kalil was hurt about 75% of the games

Archived