• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New #DeepThreat Torrey Smith With Only 6 Catches Past 15 Yards In 2017

Saca312

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Make a large bid on Watkins. Get rid of Torrey and fire at Watkins in the 10-12 million range tbh.

Heck, I’m even okay with going low and grabbing Mike Wallace, Donte Moncrief, or Albert Wilson at this rate.

Torrey Smith is like another Russell Shepard. He’s not going to be doing much except taking away snaps from the younger guys while he himself doesn’t deserve them.

Smith has 5,000 receiving yards over 7 seasons.  You can’t even compare him to Shepard.  It’s not close bro.

Just now, Smithers said:

Smith has 5,000 receiving yards over 7 seasons.  You can’t even compare him to Shepard.  It’s not close bro.

Torrey Smith yards per route run: 0.97

Damiere Byrd yards per route run: 1.06

Devin Funchess yards per route run: 1.63

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Torrey Smith yards per route run: 0.97

Damiere Byrd yards per route run: 1.06

Devin Funchess yards per route run: 1.63

This is the most pointless stat ever.  You do know that the offensive system has a ton to do with this, right?

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Make a large bid on Watkins. Get rid of Torrey and fire at Watkins in the 10-12 million range tbh.

Heck, I’m even okay with going low and grabbing Mike Wallace, Donte Moncrief, or Albert Wilson at this rate.

Torrey Smith is like another Russell Shepard. He’s not going to be doing much except taking away snaps from the younger guys while he himself doesn’t deserve them.

That’s what I figured. I’ll pass on 12 milli on a never was. I’ll take the has been for 5 Alex. I’d like to draft Moore or Miller though. These FA are going to get way overpaid.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Smith is a race horse they used for plowing.  You will see.  He will catch 55 passes for 800 yards this season

If not more.  In a vertical attack offense I wouldn’t be shocked if he surpasses 1000 yards again.

Philly had Ertz, Jeffery, and Agholor last year as well. 

Torrey Smith was the 4th option. To use 2017 as a baromotor in measuring Smith's production is just lazy. 

Add to the fact he was with the Niners for the 2 years prior to that as the number one option with horrible QB play just shows the last 3 years essentially can be thrown out the window when looking at his overall talent. 

When he was on a legitimate team in Baltimore who effectively used him to his strengths with an above average QB, he produced, and he'll definitely put up similar numbers with Cam under center. 

Archived