• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions release tight end Eric Ebron

Byrdman4real

2 minutes ago, Riv said:

So.  Much.  Fail.

Yes, looking at someone's overall stats is a good way to compare two players.  You were saying that Ebron is a better pass catcher than Dickson.  That was proven false b/c in a vacuum they literally have the same stats.  There's nothing in the stats that say he's better.  Nothing.

What basketball qualities does Ebron possess?  He didn't play in college and his wikipedia doesn't mention HS ball, so I'm going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about there either.  Here are their two combines:

image.thumb.png.590a920dbde60dc09ffcbe1171f7a27c.png

image.png.b4e72e637027e7e4b6ee75b6ac6af3f9.png

Can you tell who was supposed to be the next Jimmy Graham and who's Ed Dickson?  Me neither.  

Lastly, Ebron is 24 and seems to be on his way out of the league considering he's already been dumped by a team who invested a 1st round pick into him.  Who knows if he'll be out before Dickson hangs up his cleats?  How can you say that Ebron will have a better career than Dickson?  Where are the facts?

Glad you conveniently ignored the fact that I pointed out that Ebron has been the #13th ranked TE the last 3 seasons whereas Dickson has been the #42 ranked TE in that same span. 

Again, you are talking about stats without context. Similar receptions/targets and yards... in 2/3 less time, points to Ebron being the better player. 

That's basically saying, player a) 313 catches - 4,423 yards is the same exact player as player b) 362 Catches = 5,072 Yards. 
When player a) is Odell Beckham and Player b) is Ted Ginn. 

As for the player comp, my mistake, it wasn't basketball player Jimmy Graham, but former basketball player Julius Thomas. Going off memory. His draft profile has his comp with Julius Thomas. In addition, Eric Ebron never played football until his Jr year in high school where he was only a basketball player. He received a scholarship from UNC without ever playing a game of football in his life. Hence, his basketball traits.

And yes, games played makes a difference when looking at the numbers. Assuming both players play 16 seasons,  Ed Dickson would finish his career with 3,970 career yards and Eric Ebron would finish his career with 8,280 yards. Numbers right? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Played 70 less games (mostly due to injury)...has 100 yards more receiving. Faster, better hands...what else do you want ot know?

image.png.646fa4ad2a0285996440608a0c3adf4e.png

Ed ran a faster 40 and Ebron has terrible hands. Back to the drawing board, Cleetus. 

2 minutes ago, Riv said:

Ed ran a faster 40 and Ebron has terrible hands. Back to the drawing board, Cleetus. 

He did?

Last time I checked 4.6 is faster than 4.67

I really hope we get Ebron, he'll come cheap.

He is still young has a ton of tools.  He showed good hands and a decent blocker in college.  The Lions offense hasnt been to much of a TE friendly offense as well.  

Bring him in cheap and let Olsen take him under his wing

20180314_165607.png

20180314_165533.png

9 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

Glad you conveniently ignored the fact that I pointed out that Ebron has been the #13th ranked TE the last 3 seasons whereas Dickson has been the #42 ranked TE in that same span. 

Again, you are talking about stats without context. Similar receptions/targets and yards... in 2/3 less time, points to Ebron being the better player. 

That's basically saying, player a) 313 catches - 4,423 yards is the same exact player as player b) 362 Catches = 5,072 Yards. 
When player a) is Odell Beckham and Player b) is Ted Ginn. 

As for the player comp, my mistake, it wasn't basketball player Jimmy Graham, but former basketball player Julius Thomas. Going off memory. His draft profile has his comp with Julius Thomas. In addition, Eric Ebron never played football until his Jr year in high school where he was only a basketball player. He received a scholarship from UNC without ever playing a game of football in his life. Hence, his basketball traits.

And yes, games played makes a difference when looking at the numbers. Assuming both players play 16 seasons,  Ed Dickson would finish his career with 3,970 career yards and Eric Ebron would finish his career with 8,280 yards. Numbers right? 

You said he’s a better pass catcher than Dickson. You were wrong. It’s ok to be wrong dude. 

Guys like Graham get passes for being bad at everything but catching Bc he’s such a good receiver. Ebron won’t have that luxury. 

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He did?

Last time I checked 4.6 is faster than 4.67

I really hope we get Ebron, he'll come cheap.

He is still young has a ton of tools.  He showed good hands and a decent blocker in college.  The Lions offense hasnt been to much of a TE friendly offense as well.  

Bring him in cheap and let Olsen take him under his wing

20180314_165607.png

20180314_165533.png

I posted their combine numbers a few posts ago.  Wikipedia hasn’t 4.59 for Ed. If wiki is wrong, OK. 

0AB32C11-4605-4D5A-B30C-303B95C0B6D6.png

38 minutes ago, Riv said:

So.  Much.  Fail.

Yes, looking at someone's overall stats is a good way to compare two players.  You were saying that Ebron is a better pass catcher than Dickson.  That was proven false b/c in a vacuum they literally have the same stats.  There's nothing in the stats that say he's better.  Nothing.

What basketball qualities does Ebron possess?  He didn't play in college and his wikipedia doesn't mention HS ball, so I'm going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about there either.  Here are their two combines:

image.thumb.png.590a920dbde60dc09ffcbe1171f7a27c.png

image.png.b4e72e637027e7e4b6ee75b6ac6af3f9.png

Can you tell who was supposed to be the next Jimmy Graham and who's Ed Dickson?  Me neither.  

Lastly, Ebron is 24 and seems to be on his way out of the league considering he's already been dumped by a team who invested a 1st round pick into him.  Who knows if he'll be out before Dickson hangs up his cleats?  How can you say that Ebron will have a better career than Dickson?  Where are the facts?

Holy poo, you refuse to address the time portion of the argument. This isn’t fuging quantum physics

Just now, Riv said:

You said he’s a better pass catcher than Dickson. You were wrong. It’s ok to be wrong dude. 

Guys like Graham get passes for being bad at everything but catching Bc he’s such a good receiver. Ebron won’t have that luxury. 

LMAO, so you ignored all the other numbers you posted that proved your numbers and stats were absolute stupid and instead comment on opinion. 

It is in my opinion, that Eric Ebron is a better tight end than Ed Dickson. And yes, my numbers, based on the fact that he has similar stats to Ed Dickson in 2/3 less the time, proves that he is a better tight end. Whereas you keep running around saying Dickson is a better tight end without proving anything other than running around in circles saying "but he IS better." 

Ebron just got cut for being bad by a team who took him 12th overall and people really think he’s a good TE. I can’t help you people think....

They couldn’t even find someone to trade him to for a worthless piece like daryl Whorly. 

Archived