• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

@Sanjay TE Eric Ebron To Visit Panthers! 2 TE SET COMING

Saca312

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree with this usually, but I have a feeling we're still in the running...  his last tweet, still on the day of his visit with us, was this:

He was then scheduled to meet with Indy today, and "potentially" but not confirmed, with Patriots later.

I gotta think he would like our situation better with Cam and the potential to become the #1 TE when Greg retires than what Indy has to offer, and I would think we would offer more money than the Pats, if they are indeed interested.  So, I think what it comes down to is his role and whether he'd be willing to be the 2nd TE here for now.

That tweet doesn't give any indication that we are in the running lol. Plus he would be #2 te at any of the other places. Colts have Doyle and Patriots have Gronk.

6 hours ago, steven8989 said:

That tweet doesn't give any indication that we are in the running lol. Plus he would be #2 te at any of the other places. Colts have Doyle and Patriots have Gronk.

Seems like a pretty positive tweet after a visit and he didn't sign anywhere yesterday, so...

free agents usually haven't gotten great news if they decide to keep visiting teams. it's annoying but it usually means they didn't like the numbers and if someone can beat it we're out. there was and is a lot of built in sentiment to consider Carolina, but if we can't make a competitive offer he's not going to take substantially less. the breeland deal falling through probably put an immediate perspective shift back to the CB position. we might be in a holding pattern for a domino to fall there before we can finalize a move with a luxury designation. 

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

It says the next move will be my best move that has nothing to do with us lol!!!

It does if he ends up signing with us.  Look, I know it's cool to bash people posting subjective analysis of tweets, but I didn't make an entirely new thread for it.  I simply posted his tweet with possible reasons as to why we should remain optimistic about adding him.

Archived