• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breeland failed physical *update* non football injury

Captain Obvious

Just now, PhillyB said:

hurry up and panic!!!!!!

This is actually a big problem. The market has dried up for quality cornerbacks. This means that either a trade or a high pick will need to be used to fill the need. The Panthers safeties were already the weakest position group on the team, and now that cornerbacks are almost just as bad. Both these positions play off each other, making the Panthers secondary as a whole entirely weak.

It's going to make navigating the draft much more difficult for the Panthers.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I know, it wasn’t bad. But it did try to deflect the point. We can’t keep trying to plug leaks just to spring another one. 

I personally would prefer we keep him and our DL strong. 

Now Hurney has to draft 5 starters or pick up a cheaper vet at some posistions.

Truth be told, our DL is a lot stronger than our secondary. We have the resources to get weaker there, still be strong, and improve the strength of our secondary. 

We'll see.

Just now, Krovvy said:

This is actually a big problem. The market has dried up for quality cornerbacks. This means that either a trade or a high pick will need to be used to fill the need. The Panthers safeties were already the weakest position group on the team, and now that cornerbacks are almost just as bad. Both these positions play off each other, making the Panthers secondary as a whole entirely weak.

It's going to make navigating the draft much more difficult for the Panthers.

Or we could have just stuck with Worley and seen what happened. 

TBH, Seymour is either a lateral move or a slig ht upgrade from Worley, IMO.  So, if nothing else comes along, I'm not overly worried, especially if we can get a good coverage safety like Mathieu or Parker back there...  I always felt Seymour was more athletic and better in coverage.

Archived